All alone at Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

deadwinter

1 Juli 2008
Hi Solskin:

I'm glad to hear you decided to go. I too am going it alone. This is my first year: after a rather rough year on the personal front, I decided that a pilgrimage would do me good. I am puzzled and bewildered by the transportation choices (haven't even booked my flight from the States), but I am also very excited.

I'd love to say I'll say hi to you, but you know, 70K people is a lot of people.

As far as friendliness goes, if the people are as cool as most of the people I've met at other European festivals, you should be fine.

Now, what is this I hear about a Forum camp?

-deadwinter

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
unfortunatly you have to register for the camp and the deadline has ended already. Sorry for that. But I guess you can always come visit. And btw. at "forum meetings" is a thread called "mugshots". There you can see us people from the camp. So if you see someone from that thread at the festival, just say hi ;)

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Hi Solskin:

I'm glad to hear you decided to go. I too am going it alone. This is my first year: after a rather rough year on the personal front, I decided that a pilgrimage would do me good. I am puzzled and bewildered by the transportation choices (haven't even booked my flight from the States), but I am also very excited.

I'd love to say I'll say hi to you, but you know, 70K people is a lot of people.

As far as friendliness goes, if the people are as cool as most of the people I've met at other European festivals, you should be fine.

Now, what is this I hear about a Forum camp?

-deadwinter

Deadwinter, that's just the reason I want to go! After a sad breakup with my bf, and some other troubles, a metal pilgrimage is just the thing a broken heart needs :cool: I'm sure you will find the same.

I did post my pic in the 'Mug Shots' section of the board, and Lord Soth kindly put my pic on the W:O:A Forum Gallery. Anyway, you'll spot me, no problem -- I'll be wearing all black :p

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
unfortunatly you have to register for the camp and the deadline has ended already. Sorry for that. But I guess you can always come visit. And btw. at "forum meetings" is a thread called "mugshots". There you can see us people from the camp. So if you see someone from that thread at the festival, just say hi ;)

That's ok! We can swing by and find you :) There is also a decided-on meeting place, so we can all be in the same place at once, if only for a few moments :D

17 Juli 2008
I am going with a group of 6 other canadians, from Winnipeg actually, you're free to stop by, our group we'll try to erect some sort of flag thing there anyway.

We've got a few women in our group as well, and it's all of our first wacken! lol

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
The Germans who's camps I've drunkenly wandered into have been quite receptive, and couldn't believe I'd come all that way for Wacken...so you should be fine. Often a ceremonial trading of alcohols is a nice thing to do. People seem to be fascinated to see Canadians there:p

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Solskinn Av Natten - I wouldn't worry about it, if you want to meet people and not trying to stay away (good luck :D) you won't have any problems :)

cwes

6 Mai 2007
I guess I was a bit nervous that people would not be so welcoming, as you said, but perhaps this is another way that Europe differs from Canada.
Should you still be looking for a welcome: We will have a well equipped camp (~30 people) with an already slight international touch (people from Sweden and South Africa). Mix of males and females, age between 20 and 30, professions ranging from apprentice to academic researchers, trueness ranging from 5% to 95%. Temporary addiction to beer is very prevalent within this group. Readiness to help others ranging from "don't care" to "sure, always". English ranging from nonexistent to fluent.

Should you see yourself fit into this vague description of a group, you'd be welcome to join our camp to start WOA2K8 with a few first contacts and to have a safe base. We'll be arriving on Wednesday around 0800 (a.m.). I'd be glad to add you -- and thereby some more diverseness -- to our camp. For more details just contact me via pm or via this thread.

deadwinter

1 Juli 2008
I think the forum camp is one of the first places I'll visit, once at Wacken. (After finding myself a drinking horn, that is... can't be wandering around empty-handed.)

I believe I'll have to be more social than I've ever been in my life. The alcohol, methinks, will help.

As for guys, I don't expect too much, but I always like to hope ;)

You wound us, lass.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I think the forum camp is one of the first places I'll visit, once at Wacken. (After finding myself a drinking horn, that is... can't be wandering around empty-handed.)

I guess I was a bit nervous that people would not be so welcoming, as you said, but perhaps this is another way that Europe differs from Canada. (Here, if you sit next to someone and start talking, everyone will stare and go silent!) Thanks for the tips :)

As for guys, I don't expect too much, but I always like to hope ;)

We'll get you through