Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I couldn't tell you, since this will be my first time, too. I was wondering the same thing. What if I find some wonderful thing that I really need, and I've run out of cash? I would hope that I could use my credit card if absolutely necessary.

But I'm guessing that cash is the most reliable option...

Do like me the first year, don't bring enough money.
Then you get to enjoy the three hour line in town by the ATM and miss some of the bands :p

Just bring a bunch of cash if it's your first year, you'll most likely find shitloads of stuff you wanna bring back home, I know I did.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Do like me the first year, don't bring enough money.
Then you get to enjoy the three hour line in town by the ATM and miss some of the bands :p

Just bring a bunch of cash if it's your first year, you'll most likely find shitloads of stuff you wanna bring back home, I know I did.

But now there are ATM's at the festival area itself. So... No more LONG queues in town anymore.

DaveIoC

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Juli 2006
Bristol, UK
www.myspace.com
Yeah, but you'll just get long queues at the ATMs by the beer garden instead!

Still, I totally agree that I'd rather queue for 3 hours without having walked for 20 minutes first ;)

godofwar

10 Aug. 2007
Ålesund, Norway
Gates Opening

hey, when can we get inside the camping grounds? managed to order the plane tickets for tuesday, and it starts wednesday? hehe, not that I mind sleeping/drinking on the side of the road for one night, but does anyone know when they let us in?

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
hey, when can we get inside the camping grounds? managed to order the plane tickets for tuesday, and it starts wednesday? hehe, not that I mind sleeping/drinking on the side of the road for one night, but does anyone know when they let us in?

Youll be fine loads of people arrive tuesday and camp onsite!! Just no facilities such as shop or beer stalls open.

You can still get supplies in the village though!

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden

if you're going by any means of tranportation into the camp site, or if you have a reserved ground to stay at, I think it's fairly early in the morning they sart letting you in on Wednesday.

If you arrive by taxi or so, and have nothing reserved, I believe you are just let in to one of the not "protected" camp grounds whenever, not sure though, never done that myself.

OrganHatch

28 Okt. 2008
How Much is Beer/Food At Wacken

I'm going to Wacken for my first time this year, and having been to a few festival shows, I know beer and food tend to be ridiculously overpriced. What is the price of beer or food at the festival, or are you allowed to buy your own in town and keep it in your tent?

Any help on this would be great.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I'm going to Wacken for my first time this year, and having been to a few festival shows, I know beer and food tend to be ridiculously overpriced. What is the price of beer or food at the festival, or are you allowed to buy your own in town and keep it in your tent?

Any help on this would be great.

at the festival it's a bit expensive...
but you can buy everything outside in the village and keep it in your tent...
just don't bring glas or cans to the festival grounds, keep them at the campground.

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
A good Idea is to fill one of those big Liter mugs that you get in the festival with your beer at the camp and you can bring it right in with you. If you are willing to walk back and fourth to fill your empty plastic cup you are good to go. There are plenty of ways to save money.