50,000 before W:O:A 2009!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Yeah personally the new stuff is pretty damn disapointing though.

I got the new one last week, the sound quality is horrible, very distorted. I hear some good music there just hard to listen to with all that distortion, mainly the lows, the kick drums etc. Very muddy. And I noticed less melody and solos this time around.

Yeah seems to have lost a lot of the catchy riffs of the past though, abit soulless too

thats unfortunate, i was looking forward to it.
must download it then instead of buying it.

808Metal, Loomis is the MAN! Nevermore played here on (check this out) 6/6/06 and even though their rythmn player wasn't there, Loomis on his own ripped the place apart.
belfasts first and only ever open air metal festival too.
the bands were a bit underwhelming though, our locals were great, Residual effect, Honey for Christ and Stand-up Guy but the main actswere Devildriver (who only played for 30 minutes and were headlining!), Nevermore (band of the day) and 10 Years...

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
I like a broad cross section of metal sub genres so there's lot's for me to be happy with at WOA this year but they don't seem to touch prog bands anymore, well some might say that Kamelot are prog

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Yeah for me Wacken lineup this year is good but not great as it has been, though there's not a lot of prog at any of the fests I'm going this year.

I think for that we'd have to go to something like Progpower. And yes I agree that this year's lineup is not as strong as some previous years. I was hoping for Paragon, Evergrey (too proggy I guess), Brainstorm, Annihilator, Malevolent Creation, Vader and some others.

simwells

W:O:A Metalhead
13 März 2008
England
I think for that we'd have to go to something like Progpower. And yes I agree that this year's lineup is not as strong as some previous years. I was hoping for Paragon, Evergrey (too proggy I guess), Brainstorm, Annihilator, Malevolent Creation, Vader and some others.

Yeah ProgPower UK got cancelled this year which seems to be getting increasingly common with the smaller UK metal fests sadly.

I'm going to Wacken, Graspop and Magic Circle this year and for me Graspop's definately the best line up, but there's still not a lot of prog.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Yeah ProgPower UK got cancelled this year which seems to be getting increasingly common with the smaller UK metal fests sadly.

I'm going to Wacken, Graspop and Magic Circle this year and for me Graspop's definately the best line up, but there's still not a lot of prog.

The common opinion seems to be that Graspop's lineup is the best overall. I live so far away that one European festival is all that I can do. The cost factor and lack of available vacation time from my job really limits me there.

simwells

13 März 2008
England
The common opinion seems to be that Graspop's lineup is the best overall. I live so far away that one European festival is all that I can do. The cost factor and lack of available vacation time from my job really limits me there.

Yeah Graspop and Hellfest does look pretty damn good too, not that I'm going can't afford that many

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii

The US Progpower sells out every year. I have yet to attend one, but hope to one day.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Yeah Graspop and Hellfest does look pretty damn good too, not that I'm going can't afford that many

I get only two weeks off from work per year. And airfare to Europe from Hawaii is very costly so this happens for me only ever so many years sadly enough. I may try Sweden Rock or Graspop next time around. Or maybe a trip to Georgia for Progpower.

simwells

13 März 2008
England
The US Progpower sells out every year. I have yet to attend one, but hope to one day.

Yeah I generally stay away from UK festivals Downloads shocking and gets worse every year, Bloodstock is heavily overpriced for what you get, Progpower UK and ragnarok are no more, Hard Rock Hell is pretty good but is hard rock not metal and Firefest is rock again. There are a few others but nothing that stands out to me that I'm aware of at least.

simwells

13 März 2008
England
I get only two weeks off from work per year. And airfare to Europe from Hawaii is very costly so this happens for me only ever so many years sadly enough. I may try Sweden Rock or Graspop next time around. Or maybe a trip to Georgia for Progpower.

Yeah in all honesty there's no way I'd be pay the amount you do just for a european festivals with the cost of flights, I was going to go to Sweden Rock this year but couldn't get anyone else to go with in the end cause my mate dropped out.