50,000 before W:O:A 2009!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
yeah i'm with ya on that one, it would take us to tour with someone who is well known but still wild heavy like Dying Fetus (would be right up my street!)
nice to meet you too Adam, glad ya like the tunes!
guitar is all about perseverance, with the right encouragement it doesn't matter how old or young you are, I have friends who far outshadow my playing but have only been at it a few years! what really matters though is the ability to write a good riff, someone could be as technical as could be but that doesn't matter if they write nothing memorable.

I agree 100% technicality is great, I respect a highly skilled player, but riifs are what it's all about.. A good riff is the building block of a good metal song, the foundation.

I agree 100% technicality is great, I respect a highly skilled player, but riifs are what it's all about.. A good riff is the building block of a good metal song, the foundation.

yeah, the way i see it is that guitar players like Dime or Willie Adler (Lamb of God) come in way higher than players like Vai or Satriani because as good as they are, they aren't the most riff friendly. a lot of people misunderstand technicality for good playing, fretboard wankery does not bang heads!!!

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
yeah, the way i see it is that guitar players like Dime or Willie Adler (Lamb of God) come in way higher than players like Vai or Satriani because as good as they are, they aren't the most riff friendly. a lot of people misunderstand technicality for good playing, fretboard wankery does not bang heads!!!

Agreed! 100%

Then there's guys like Alexi Laiho who writes and plays great riffs and can shred among the best of them.