Who's going to WACKEN 2010 from Canada or the US?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I have to say that I absolutely agree with you. I'm not a fan of direct sunlight (I hate it with intense passion, especially in summer), and I don't much like large crowds (they usually make me nervous). However, being at WOA somehow made it all okay.

I doubted whether I'd enjoy the camping, but it was the best part! I met so many people, and met even more when I got lost on the way back to my tent! (This happened a few times. :p)

I can only speak for myself, but I'm very glad I didn't stay in a hotel. It would have killed the fun of the Wacken experience.

I think I had more fun at the campground than I did watching the bands. I don't think I could be paid to stay in a hotel.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
My big question to the campers is this - how do you get any sleep? It seems like it would be hard between the noise, sleeping in a tent (yeah I know, I'm a wimp who prefers a bed ;-) and the cold (I was surprised how cold it got at night).

Anyway, to each his/her own regarding the camping vs. hotel - whatever you feel more comfortable with is the way to go...

I'd say try one night at the campground, you might find yourself surprised. Everybody prefers a bed to a tent, bring an inflatable mattress and a nice cozy blanket, perhaps some earplugs. Sure to each their own, but you're the one missing most of the Wacken experience.

It's easy to fall asleep, if you're having the time of your life, you'll be out like a rock in ten seconds flat no matter what you sleep on, how much noise is going on or how cold it is. Most people prefer a bed, but that's what an inflatable mattress and a cozy blanket is for, if you want to camp high maintenance that is.

Keep in mind also, rice and I are both females. I don't know how that statement was intended but it almost seemed like an excuse in a way. Women and men are pretty much the same except in anatomy and anatomical functions.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
its only like 3 nights just sleep in a tent. i didnt get to sleep til 5-6 aM. anyway i was so f'ked up but thats the best part. of course youre gonna get ripped off on taxi and hotel fee youre AMERICAN! get a tent- stay in it, its fun! if i go this year (dont have a ticket yet) ill meet you itll be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
its only like 3 nights just sleep in a tent. i didnt get to sleep til 5-6 aM. anyway i was so f'ked up but thats the best part. of course youre gonna get ripped off on taxi and hotel fee youre AMERICAN! get a tent- stay in it, its fun! if i go this year (dont have a ticket yet) ill meet you itll be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 in my case... though I might have to at my 4 nights at headbangers too.. so that makes it 11... but still it's worth it :D

8 Feb. 2010
Hello all!! I am from Opaskwayak Cree Nation in Manitoba and this will be my first Wacken experience!!!! I am sad to say though I will be at the Festival till firday, I will be following Maiden around their Aug tour through northern Europe. But hope to see some of ya!!!

Beefcake the Mighty

9 Dez. 2009
The boonies, Manitioba Canada
Congrats to the last two posters who decided to go to Wacken for the first time this summer. A friend and I went to Wacken 2009 (on the recommendation from another metalhead who said "YOU MUST GO!" ;-) What can I say...it was one of the best experiences/trips ever! As soon as I could, I bought a ticket for Wacken 2010....the line-up is awesome, isn't it? As I've told people though, the experience is so much more than just the music - it is truly amazing....a metal marathon so to speak. All the people we met were so great - I speak some German but really didn't need to use it since virtually everyone we met spoke excellent English. I was actually surprised there weren't more Americans there. There were a few at our hotel and we met some guys from Minnesota and that was about it! Whenever I meet new people at metal shows here (Chicago), I try to convince them to go to Wacken since it is so fantastic. Most people seem to know about it, but think it will be too expensive, etc. My friend and I did spend a fair amount of money on the trip, but it was DEFINITELY worth every penny. We also stayed in a hotel near Wacken which was expensive, but we weren't into the camping idea.

If you can, definitely try to combine Wacken with other travel before or after. My friend and I went to Sweden afterward last summer and this summer will go to Norway the week before Wacken.

Yeah me and a cousin are going to Italy right afterwards then we'll make our way back west by train.

8 Feb. 2010
[QUOTE = Beefcake the Mighty; 11427161] A few 'Toban are going! Excellent and even one from the Pas. Possibly a fellow rezzie? [/ QUOTE]

Yeah, I am from the Reserve!! You guys gonna have a 'Toba camp? I will be there til friday, then head to Sonisphere Sweden/Finland and Bergen, Norway for Maiden. Keep in touch and we will have some beers.....only wish there were KoKanee there!!! 2.5 weeks in Europe should be fun....

Beefcake the Mighty

9 Dez. 2009
The boonies, Manitioba Canada
Fuck if I know...you and the other guy from Winnipeg are the only people from Manitoba that I know are going. I'll be there all four days and I'm not sure how all this shit is set-up. For sure we'll have some beers, buddy.

Kokanee....Dude, Good shit. Thank god you didn't say Bud like most neechies. lol

8 Feb. 2010
Fuck if I know...you and the other guy from Winnipeg are the only people from Manitoba that I know are going. I'll be there all four days and I'm not sure how all this shit is set-up. For sure we'll have some beers, buddy.

Kokanee....Dude, Good shit. Thank god you didn't say Bud like most neechies. lol

Fuck bud......I would only drink it if I was drinking all night and it was 9 in the morning!!!!