Who's going to WACKEN 2010 from Canada or the US?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

johnwong

29 Dez. 2009
:D
I haven't decided if I'm going this year to WACKEN 2010, but this has to be one of the best lineups I have seen in many years, especially seeing Maiden, Slayer, Crue on stage.

If I do go, it will be my first so I'm curious if anyone from Canada or States are going this year or have gone in previous years that can give me any advice.

Thanks, Ray

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Not sure yet if I can go, but I'm from the US and went last year. Feel free to ask questions [but see the stickies first, that'll answer a bunch]. :]

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
I'm from the USA as well.

There are a fair number of us and, like xforeverxmetalx I too went last year and also can answer any questions.

I am going this year as far as I know.

DetroitDon

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
I am from America as well, and this will be my first! My tix should be in the mail soon within a few weeks. I've been banging my head (not to music) but trying to work out planning the trip...lol Thanks to Deathbringer and Morphinechild, for keeping my sanity, and giving me lots of pointers and advice...(ie "don't pack too much clothes, and bring lots of beer money!) haha
:p

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Im not going this year (unless i change my mind last minute) but Id go to see Tiamat. I hope they will show up at HOA which ill most likely be at this year.

Anyhow, Whoever is going for the first time, i strongly warn you against driving from Wacken, (last year) it took me 10 hours to get to hamburg the day that wacken ended. from the fest to the city which should be no more than 3 hours tops. Incase youre thinking of renting a car, dont.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Im not going this year (unless i change my mind last minute) but Id go to see Tiamat. I hope they will show up at HOA which ill most likely be at this year.

Anyhow, Whoever is going for the first time, i strongly warn you against driving from Wacken, (last year) it took me 10 hours to get to hamburg the day that wacken ended. from the fest to the city which should be no more than 3 hours tops. Incase youre thinking of renting a car, dont.

I'm NOT from the US, but if you leave before 7 - 8am on Sunday (after Wacken), you can leave at ease through the A23 (the freeway to Hamburg).

Not much later no, almost 90% has to go to that direction and the Elbe tunnel is a bottle neck.

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
just the idea of the possibility of New Jersey expanding is a scary thought. i think the ocean should get alittle bigger to drown out this shithole of a state. :D:p

Why not expand it briefly, then remove it?

And also, just take the train/shuttle they provide. That's what I did. Even if I was waiting for Jesse and Carmine for... ugh :o let's just say if it wasn't for the announcer guy's bad English providing humor I would have probably died.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I'm NOT from the US, but if you leave before 7 - 8am on Sunday (after Wacken), you can leave at ease through the A23 (the freeway to Hamburg).

now ya tell me!? :p

I woke up at around 1 pm the day it ended (everyone around me was gone) and by the time i packed up and we found our car ( it was parked by someones house somewhere outside the grounds) it had to be around 3 or 4. most people seemed to have been gone by then but that wasnt the case once we hit the highway. it was a nightmare. and thats coming from someone who is more than used to sitting in traffic every day.
I only drove cause a friend drove out there from Hungary to meet me so it was a great luxury to have a car (or so i thought). but that same car got me all the way to Budapest in the end AND was a place to sleep a few nights on the road. i think i should have just waited til night to have left.
This summer ill be on my own and have to find out all the train stations, etc..

Why not expand it briefly, then remove it?

that would still be a long ass drive to Germany from here ! or train ride.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
now ya tell me!? :p

I woke up at around 1 pm the day it ended (everyone around me was gone) and by the time i packed up and we found our car ( it was parked by someones house somewhere outside the grounds) it had to be around 3 or 4. most people seemed to have been gone by then but that wasnt the case once we hit the highway. it was a nightmare. and thats coming from someone who is more than used to sitting in traffic every day.
I only drove cause a friend drove out there from Hungary to meet me so it was a great luxury to have a car (or so i thought). but that same car got me all the way to Budapest in the end AND was a place to sleep a few nights on the road. i think i should have just waited til night to have left.
This summer ill be on my own and have to find out all the train stations, etc..

that would still be a long ass drive to Germany from here ! or train ride.

There's a reason why we left early :p

And, why not just remove the Atlantic, and bring Germany closer via rope?

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

do you mean helfest open air, or headbangers open air?