Where to sleep and how to go back to Itzehoe?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Rainbow, 27. September 2007.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow Newbie

Hello, I live in Italy and next summer I want to go to Wacken. I would arrive there by train or by bus. I would sleep in a pension or a bed&breakfast in Itzehoe, but...when the concert fishes (2/3 in the morning) are there buses to take me back to Itzehoe station? Arrived there i would go back on feet to my house. I had seen a pdf file about WOA 2005 edition and the last buses to go back that village were really to soon. Could you help me? This year how was the whole thing organized about travelling and buses? I wouldn't sleep in camping 'cause I have no tent...Let me Know.

2. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

Why don't you stay at the camping?

3. Rainbow

Rainbow Newbie

I have no tent...

4. Rainbow

Rainbow Newbie

I have no tent.

5. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

6. mental_mercury

mental_mercury W:O:A Metalmaster

You should probably buy one then.

7. Rainbow

Rainbow Newbie

In WOA site there are a lot of hotels and bed&breakfast that are shown...none of you has ever used the bus services to go back to these hotels after the show??

8. elhuesos

elhuesos W:O:A Metalhead

There's no sleep at Wacken, the fun doesn't ends when the bands stop playing, you should stay in the camp,it is an incredible experience.

9. Rainbow

Rainbow Newbie

Ok...so...is it possible to RENT a tent at Wacken camping? Just not willing to buy it just for a concert...

10. Quark

Buy one to go camping then. For €30 or + you have a good tent, which you can use as many Wackens as you want to.

11. LEX

LEX W:O:A Metalhead

yeah

The bus situation is pretty bad at the end of the fest (in the morning at least....I don't even know if they have any durring the dark hours.....don't think so). Your best option at that point is a taxi, and buying a tent is probably cheaper than one ride in a cab.

12. LEX

LEX W:O:A Metalhead

I wish there was! I would think the locals that scavenge the left behind tents after every festival, could make some good money renting them out or selling them cheap to travellers.

I would dig that. Tents SUCK trying to carry on the cheap airlines. If I could get a cheap used one there, then the lovely Mono' (who RULES) wouldn't get stuck with my dirty dirty tent every year.

What the heck becomes of all those tents?

13. bitchybunny

bitchybunny Newbie

It might be easier for you to just buy a tent in Hamaburg. I can tell you it's a pain in the ass to go back and forth from Wacken, and last year I stayed in Hamburg! Urgh! It's probably better to camp out, unless you are going to rent a car and then drive back and forth. The buses stop running before the bands stop playing and the Taxi was between 30-35 Euros per trip just to the train station.

14. Quark

You can also rent a camper. Problem solved, although they are heavy "drinkers" (in diesel, gas etc.)

15. Purge

Purge W:O:A Metalhead

In 2006 I bought a tent at Wacken and just dumped it there... I mean, what's 30 euros in the grand scheme of things, especially compared to how much cash you're going to spend there anyway...? As well as that, you're willing to stay in a B&B for 3 or 4 nights and that's going to cost a damn site more than a tent and be a bastard to get back to! :rolleyes:

In 2007 it was much better... I found a great group of Dutch friends who took a tent for me, set it up for when i arrived and took it home with them!

So, the top tip is - find someone who drives and get them to take a tent for you!:D

Diese Seite empfehlen