where the fuck is Camden Palace?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von dittohead, 20. Februar 2003.

1. dittohead

dittohead W:O:A Metalmaster

...where the fuck is it!?!

NO Mercy fest is there

testament, etc.

initally it was Mean Fiddler, then Astoria, now apparently its Camden Palace...so wher the fuck is it?

2. Rock'n'Roll

Rock'n'Roll W:O:A Metalmaster

You're in London :p
    You should know :confused:
    Try the tourist information :D:D:D

3. Warthog

Warthog W:O:A Metalmaster

Camden Town somewhere? I went to a shop there called "Metal head" on Camden's High St (I think)...maybe those guys know?

4. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight W:O:A Metalmaster

Why not search the net??
    on http://www.live4metal.com/venueguide-london.htm it says:

"Camden Underworld 174 Camden High Street London NW1 (020 7482 1932)
    Nearest tube Camden (spitting distance). Parking one of Camden's many hidden side streets.
    This is the venue most likely to feature established overseas bands in the underground scene and is one of the few not owned by the Mean Fiddler group. Situated under the Worlds End pub (where you can also purchase advance tickets). A good venue, but with faults, especially the smelly toilets and has the tendency to get over crowded. Views are spoilt by the buildings supporting pillars and steps leading down to the dance floor can be hazardous in the dark. The bar is situated in a separate room from the stage and is a good place to chat, chill out etc... Bar prices seem to fluctuate mysteriously but expect to pay £3.10 for a snakebite & black. Bitter is about £2.30 a pint and is the best bet here. The bar staff are excellent and enjoy plenty of banter. Security are generally about the friendliest I have encountered in London and there is rarely any trouble. Admission prices are between £7-£10 and you are strongly advised to buy tickets in advance as things do sell out here. (Capacity is only about 500) The dressing rooms are not the best especially for bands over on long European tours. Events are normally over by 11. Has hosted the likes of Type O Negative, UDO, The Entombed, Opeth etc..."

5. Wackianne

Wackianne W:O:A Metalhead

Aii, yeah, was there, too, last year - did you like it? I wasn´t too enthusiastic about it although it looked just great from the outside!

And the Underworld... not sure if that one is meant by "Camden Palace". Well, there are concerts but... hm...

6. Lucretia

Lucretia W:O:A Metalmaster

7. BlueOyster

BlueOyster W:O:A Metalhead

It's definitely in Camden. It's a few years since I was in the area, but the last time I went to Camden Palace it was a Cinema! :confused:

Go to Camden Town - you'll find your way from there! ;)

8. Warthog

I wasn't that impressed, too much nu-metal for me! But you're right - it looked great from the outside! Complete with skull and Metallica font logo, haha. They had a nice collection of rarities on display (Metallica Ride the Lighting vinyl with green cover, Cliff Burton autographs, etc etc etc). Only spent a few minutes, dropped a few flyers for my friends' band (<plug> www.fierceallegiance.net </plug>! :D) and left.

I had four days to kill in London before flying home after last WOA, so I just went down the "music" listings in the phonebook, looking for anything with "Metal" in the name, hehe!

mind you, that was before I knew about metaltravelguide.com. :cool:

9. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight W:O:A Metalmaster

NU-metal is hardpop, not metal

10. Warthog

lol, "hardpop"! I like that! Yeah, "nu-metal" is nowhere near metal, "hardpop" is more appropriate!

11. dittohead

dittohead W:O:A Metalmaster

12. Carpathian_Wolf

Carpathian_Wolf W:O:A Metalmaster

Or Mallcore as some people call it! :D

Diese Seite empfehlen