When do you leave to go to Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
well in theory I could, but as I don´t drive when I´m drunk I guess that might be a problem ;)
And as I don´t have a little child or another serious reason for not doing it, of course I´ll stay at the holy campgrounds the whole days! :)

^witchfinder^

@ Lee
:( dont say that ....nah i am told we should get there around 2pm at the latest we have a early morning ferry to Calais ....i dont know when it gets to Calais but i guess around 3am thursday morning ........it hopefully wont take nearly 9 hours (with stops) will it ? arghhhhhh i hope not

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
Well it takes 1 hour to cross to Calais and then you are one hour ahead (5.am). You will be in Hamburg for around 6.00pm, I dont know if they are stopping at hamburg first, they didnt do it the last two years (typical bad organisation of Argon Events) leaving us to be stack in traffic jams there and back from Wacken and finally getting to our hotel room in Hamburg by 8.00pm - Wasted Night!

Nice hotel thaat Hotel Monopol, brings back memories LOL

Thats why I chopse to fly this year!

Lee

^witchfinder^

well this is my first time with them ....i flew last year and it is a long story why i am going ny coach this year ...but i wish i wasnt
they told me they brought the times forward this year and we should be in Hamburg by 2pm thursday , they go to the hotel first this time
arghhhhhh dont say anymore i am allready pi**ed off at going by coach and the main reason i am is cos my friend didnt want to camp but now he is not going arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
@ witchfinder

The hotel isnt that ngreat, very basicm, but it isnt horrible or anything, abd you do get a nice breakfast buffet and the chance to meet other metalheads (most of the Scottish crew will be there!)

I hope you know about the Reepherbahn being a famous red light district and the hotel is right in the centre of it :)

btw, we are not camping, we will be staying in a hotel in Itzehoe. Our friends are flying and have chosen Argon events Hotel and Ticket package, but I do warn you that the bus leaves for Wacken at 8.00 am both days and returns to the hotel at 5.ooam giving you a maximum 3 hours sleep on Friday night.

Hope this advice is helpful!

Lee

^witchfinder^

@ Lee
yeah thanks for the info
yeah i have been to Hamburg before i know about the Reeperbahn :) but have only been down it in a car ...should be interesting to have a look round ...did you go to a bar called der clokhard ? i think thats its name its a metal bar

well it seems Argon have got it sorted out this year
cos they leave at 8:30am for Wacken on friday and return at either 01:45 or 03:15 and then saturday leave at 8:30am or 11:00am ( i think )

sounds like you had a bad time with them , i wish i was not going with them now ...but to late

cheers mate and have a great Wacken

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
My bus leaves Stockholm at 4 pm Wednesday, will arrive around 7 am on Thursday at Wacken.
Packed some stuff today, just to see how many bags I need with a tent and all :)