What's the meaning behind your Nickname...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tjodalv

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Nov. 2001
Behind my Drums
Hi there

I thought I drop in and say hi to my english talking friends :)

I am wondering what the meaning behind your nickname is.
Why have you chosen it, do you even like it :D, the meaning etc.. :)
So cast your mind back and give some creative replies :cool:

nick: Tjodalv

Well I came into these Forums and needed a new Name.
In my spare time, opposite playing the drums all the time, I like to play Online Games... there I use the nickname Horizon
But in a Metal Forum I wanted not to use my Game - nickname as well... thats why I needed a new one :)
Well my Metal Drummer - idol is Tjodalv, the ex Dimmu Borgir Drummer and currently founder and member of Susperia.... he is very cool and a killer machine behind his drums.... cause I play the drums by myself I chose this name :)

Happy end... hehe

Regards

Tjodalv

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
My nickname has no special meaning, it's just a song I really enjoy listening. I don't really like my nickname, it doesn't fit with my personality, I'm a really quiet guy, and that nick sounds a little bit aggressive, I think.

Anyway, when I joined this forum I didn't intend to post here 300 times, I just wanted to know people from Madrid who were going to Wacken, so I didn't think hard to have an original nick.

@Tjodalv: nice idea, this thread

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
in the older forum my nickname was Wolf
there's no meaning behind that nickname... because it's my real name :D

in the meantime... 2 friends and I made up a death metal project named HORB NAGOLD... and since Horb and Nagold are both towns in southern Germany... I thought Lord Horb was a funny-sounding name...

by the way, HAIL THE FUCKING HONSEL CREW!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
5 YEARS OF TOTAL DESASTER!!! :D:D:D:D:D

(nobody of you must understand this.. I just had to let it out because I'm in such a good mood today hehe... thanks to my Dutch brother Iscariot as well!!!!!! you know why dude :D I LOOOOOVE YOU!!!! *lol* ;))

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
My old nicks were either Fenriz or Fenrir, but as they were very unoriginal, I felt that I had to make up a new nick. About three years ago, when I was reading "The Simlarillion" by you know who, I was totally thrilled with the name appendix that explains the meaning of every name that's used in the book, so I tried to make up a name that meant something and sounded like a Elven name. I eventually gave up with trying to make a name with a meaning and decided to only make a nick that had a Elven sound, so Evenfiel was born!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
hehe... to explain why I´m not a pet:

pretty easy: My real name is Britta. And when I visited Mexico some years ago, an old Mexican insisted on translating my name into the Mayan language. Unfortunately he couldn´t find the exact translation, so Xpet actually means "Petra". But as there seem to be nothing fitting better, I used this name. I like it cos I feel really attracted to those old South American cultures.
And as S&L already told, I also didnt intend to post here so much. Just stepped in here by mistake and stuck ;) :D

LordOfThisWorld

22 März 2002
Oberhausen, Ruhrpott
Website besuchen
My nickname is easy to explain: It's a song by Black Sabbath, which is about the devil, or in other words, the "lord of this world". But I'm not really a satanist, I chose the name, because I'm a big fan of Black Sabbath, allthough today I think the name is too long. At the chat/forum-meeting in cologne last week, it was not so easy to tell the people who I am, because it is so long.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Zombi is from

Zombi 2 -the original title of the greatest zombie movies of all time by Lucio Fulci - otherwise known as Zombie or Zombie Flesh Eaters.

For those who've seen it: Listen carefully to the scream of the doctor's wife as she is dragged towards the splinter of wood that pokes out her eye. It's really a composition of screams from Dawn Of The Dead. I found this one out myself. Maybe I've seen this movie too many times....

The scream is also featured at the beginning of a Mortician song.

scareall

2 März 2002
scotland
Website besuchen
nicks

no story to my name,i was listening to Type o ,when i first came on the forum ,i couldnt think of an apt name so i just used the song
Black No One(lill miss scare all)

@Zombi did you go to Opeth on tuesday???

VimFuego

22 Jan. 2002
Toronto, Canada
vimfuego.freeservers.com
Collin Grigson: "Vim Fuego, the great heavy metal guitarist, has been playing Mary Hopkins numbers in a WINE BAR!"
Vim:"I have been playing music, alright, and hocking our bloody old demo tape around. And what have you been doing Collin?.......WORKING IN A BANK!"

- Bad News
hilarious movie by The Young Ones cast see it if you haven't

p.s. Great Thread!

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
looking for a forum nickname I watched some cd boxes and there I saw on the Principle cd from Cradle the great hit Iscariot. It sounded cool so I took it. It has nothing to do with the religious meaning of it.

Lord Horb: But I also don't know what you mean with that sentence :) Btw, do you have a ticket now?