what is a nazi band doing at WOA 2004?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shukri

12 Aug. 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
www.cauterized.com
Re: Re: yep

Originally posted by mugabe
You know the Böhse Onkelz play as well, do you? They are also a nazi band. Zodiac Mindwarp also used to wear swastikas. They're playing too. Slayer last year, and now this. I'm not too sure about Cannibal Corpse, though. What are the members' political views?

Oh, gee wiz gosh, I'll be sure to email the WOA organizers and register a complaint about the Onkelz too. And Mindwarp. Oh, pity I missed a chance to complain about Slayer.

What's your point? That it's okay to be a racist and nazi, as long as you dont do goosesteps on stage and admonish your fans to set up DIY concentration camps? How much nazism is ok? Please let me know - I must have missed the EU directive that explains the recommended daily allowance for fascism.

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
right shukri..so you're one of those really political correct persons who still thinks Slayer is a band with nazi ideas, because their fanclub is called the Slaytanic Wehrmacht? What's next? Calling everyone with camoflage trousers and a bald head a nazi? Get a life man

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Re: Re: Re: yep

Originally posted by Shukri
What's your point? That it's okay to be a racist and nazi, as long as you dont do goosesteps on stage and admonish your fans to set up DIY concentration camps? How much nazism is ok? Please let me know - I must have missed the EU directive that explains the recommended daily allowance for fascism.
As long as their music is not nazi I wouldn't consider them a nazi band. What's your take on Ace of Base? There is an old photo of the members doing the Hitler salute. Nazi band? I like Mayhem. Does that make me a nazi?

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Originally posted by dittohead
should be route out racism first? the core of nazism?
There is one (1) nazi regime in the world at the present: that of Israel, backed by the U.S., and I believe racism is only a minor issue there. Not having any American bands playing would be a stronger stand against fascism, I think.

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
There is one (1) nazi regime in the world at the present: that of Israel, backed by the U.S., and I believe racism is only a minor issue there.

ahh yeah thats true.

but i dunno about racism being a minor issue...its hidden more than ever. there are racist views and then there comments.

but with my problem with that "nazi" guy...was hes a true out and out nazi or just a racist?

have you experienced it? (not bein an minority)

and ive never heard of mayhem being a nazi or having nazi followers

DISGORGE

18 Mai 2003
Alfsög, Sweden
Website besuchen
Originally posted by sepp
Frontman?????

yeah thats right FRONTMAN, thats what it says

And Shukri, It wasnt Euro in that interview. he died in fucking 1993, and the damn interview was from 1998 as you state
You are yet to convince me of Mayhem being nazis, so lets hear something good now huh?

btw, Mayhem is one of the bands that I put as my number one favorites, do you think of me as a nazi because of that? or hasnt it come that far yet?

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Re: Re: Re: yep

As long as their music is not nazi I wouldn't consider them a nazi band. What's your take on Ace of Base? There is an old photo of the members doing the Hitler salute. Nazi band? I like Mayhem. Does that make me a nazi?

I saw the sign, and it opened up my mind, you fascist punk.

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Originally posted by dittohead
ahh yeah thats true.

but i dunno about racism being a minor issue...its hidden more than ever. there are racist views and then there comments.

but with my problem with that "nazi" guy...was hes a true out and out nazi or just a racist?

have you experienced it? (not bein an minority)

and ive never heard of mayhem being a nazi or having nazi followers
In Israel, I think it's a minor issue. As for the Swedish guy in Ace of Base, it was youthful stupidity, and he has publicly apologised since.

I think the neo-fascist movement is appealing to a lot of confused youths. At last they find a group that welcomes them, they have tight bonds between the members of the group, a very clear image, and a strong "us against them"-outsider-mentality that, I guess, also appeals to them. Finally they get accepted somewhere. Almost everybody grow out of it, however. Those that don't are more alarming, but are very few in number.

In Sweden, I think there is bigger tension between different immigrant groups than between immigrants and fascists. The fascists are occupied with fighting the anarcho-communists.

The more hidden racism in society is as common here as anywhere else, I think. It's easier to get a job if you have a Swedish name, etc. This is a bigger problem than the right-wing lunatic fringe, imho.

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
In Israel, I think it's a minor issue. As for the Swedish guy in Ace of Base, it was youthful stupidity, and he has publicly apologised since.

I think the neo-fascist movement is appealing to a lot of confused youths. At last they find a group that welcomes them, they have tight bonds between the members of the group, a very clear image, and a strong "us against them"-outsider-mentality that, I guess, also appeals to them. Finally they get accepted somewhere. Almost everybody grow out of it, however. Those that don't are more alarming, but are very few in number.

In Sweden, I think there is bigger tension between different immigrant groups than between immigrants and fascists. The fascists are occupied with fighting the anarcho-communists.

The more hidden racism in society is as common here as anywhere else, I think. It's easier to get a job if you have a Swedish name, etc. This is a bigger problem than the right-wing lunatic fringe, imho.

ahhh right i see

yeah i think thats happening in oldham + burnley (yorkshire i think) the "white" population there are getting "bored" of the massive asian population and thus formed the BNP - a far right political party

always thought sweden was a neutural country.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
There is one (1) nazi regime in the world at the present: that of Israel, backed by the U.S., and I believe racism is only a minor issue there. Not having any American bands playing would be a stronger stand against fascism, I think.

Rather than generalize bands by where they're from (something the American music press really likes to do), why not target the ones who have actually expressed support for fascist regimes? '

Now, the only one that leaps to mind at the moment is Zakk Wylde, who made some statement about how we shouldn't question Bush's intentions with the "war on terrorism", because, in his words, "you just don't go against the government, man." Brilliant. Great guitarist, dumb redneck.