what could be improved at the wacken festival

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

PsychicVeteran

W:O:A Metalmaster
Originally posted by Shadowtear
on Campground B was a big big lighter...on day and night...and the lighter shined straightly on our tent.....tht wasn´t really nice sometimes... ;)

My tent had 24/7 illumination as well - the beam shone straight onto it :rolleyes:

BTW - There's a forum section for praise and criticism on WOA 2003 if you wish your voice to be heard........ ;)

calonderiel

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Jan. 2003
Near Paris, France
Website besuchen
Toilets were much better this year than the previous years... They were emptied much more often, at least until friday and that was very nice.
Too bad it went to hell from friday onward. From then, it was back to last years level, with pyramids of shit going higher than the toilet level... urg.

Water points were ok, if a bit crowded for campground B, but it would be so much nicer if they could just keep them going up to sunday morning... Not being able to get water for a quick wash on sunday was hell.

Showers, I won't comment, I did my washing at the water points.

The two access to the concert zone were very nice, there was much less waiting to do.

The LED pannels and the 4x3 giant screen were huge improvement. It helped a lot to have the info given there... infinitely better than the printed page at the wet stage and announcements of the previous years.

Sound was overall better than the previous years, but the guy responsible for the sound on the true metal stage should be fired, gutted with a rusted spoon and left to rot in the sun while being forced to listen to techno and rap non stop. He really managed to fuck up pretty good on a lot of gigs...

Having honest people at the official WOA selling booth, inside the concert zone would be nice. Or at least they should be told that every one who does not speak german is not a target for a rip off... The two times I went there they tried to rip me off of my change, and the same happened to two friends of mine. That sucks big time...

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by calonderiel

Sound was overall better than the previous years, but the guy responsible for the sound on the true metal stage should be fired, gutted with a rusted spoon and left to rot in the sun while being forced to listen to techno and rap non stop. He really managed to fuck up pretty good on a lot of gigs...

Slayer, for example....... :(

In the black stage there were some problems too, with Malevolent Creation, for example :(

calonderiel

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Jan. 2003
Near Paris, France
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
Slayer, for example....... :(

In the black stage there were some problems too, with Malevolent Creation, for example :(

I can't say for Malevolent Creation, I didn't go to see it, but the gigs I saw on the BMS were pretty good...
Testament, In Flames, Holy Moses... I don't remember having as many problem as on the TMS:

Running Wild: I left after the first 3 songs: I just can't listen to RW when I hear no guitar

Twisted Sister: The first 2 songs iirc were bad

Thyrfing: I like what they do a lot... Can't say I recognized any song though... Ok, Can't blame all on the guy, that kind of metal usually does not work very well in live...

Slayer: I won't even mention it, it was shameful

Oncle Tom: I would have impaled the guy on the tallest flag mast in the camping if I could have laid my hands on him: During the gig, Sabina from Holy Moses took a micro to sing with Tom, and the goddamn mike was OFF... You could see her screaming her head off, but no sound... AAARRRGGG!!! I nearly went there and then to burn the tower down... But that would have ended the gig sooner so I relented... darn!