were any of you on the coach from london ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kiran

1 Mai 2002
London
Website besuchen
i wanted to say hello to everybody on my coach, i think i was on number 2

with the guy who puked everywhere on the way there ... and there were a bunch of irish people on as well,and a guy from washington dc, i think itr was 2

anyway HELLO !

and will you be going to wacken next year > i defintaley will be, but by plane !!

Carpathian_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
I wasnt on the coach for london as I went by plane :)...i don think i could have withstood 26 hours of travelling...i wanted to get there on the monday for a warm up and by george! i did...its better to go by plane even if its a little bit extra ;)

:D

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Just one question to you, British friends:

When you go by bus through that channel between France and Britain (in Spain we say "Canal de la Mancha", but I don't know the English name, sorry), do cars and buses go like in Britain (left side of the road) or like in the rest of the world?

Just curious..... :)

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
@Sodomy

Sorry I logged out just when you posted.....I know whih tunnel you mean the channel tunnel ;)....we actually o drive on the lef side of the road which i find rather strange as most of the world drives on the right side!

:)

Wackianne

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Hello to London!
I´ll be going to London on a school trip next week and would be *happy* to get some good advices where to go at night (during the week), where to get cheap drinks (and food), if nice concerts take place etc.!
Any of the pubs and clubs in the Metal Travel Guide you can recommend?

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I went to London some years ago, but I went with non-metalheads friends, so I can't tell you anything.... :( My only opinion is that London is a great city, although VERY expensive

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Well, at least there is one metalhead in my English course (still I wish my friends could come with me though)... We have decided to bring along a camping cooker and own booze so we can cook our evening meal ourselves and get drunk without paying too much :D

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Hey Carpathian_Wolf,
and do you have any idea where to meet the scene? Nice places? Are you allowed to drink alcohol in the streets (will bring along own one)?
Well, I´ll just have to make the best out of that duty trip...!

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Hmm for the good venues theres always the london astoria, the underworld, the garage..im not sure which hold metal nigts as i dont know london that well and have never been for a night out there as its too far and i dont know anyone in london also!

A good cd shop to visit is tower records! i think they have just about everythn in there!

Ehm..alcohol on the streets...well i gues it would be alrite..but dont let the cops catch ya! but hell they probably wont care anway so just go for it!

Anyways let me know what you thought and have a gooooooooooood tme ;):D

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I've had both good and bad experiences with british policemen. Bad ones in the airport, because I was the only passenger of my plane who was interrogated (almost for half an hour) and whose luggage was thoroughly inspected.

On the other hand, I had one crazy night in southern England with 6 spaniards I met there, and we were going (the 7 of us) to a disco in a little Volkswagen Golf. Some policemen made us stop, and we were pretty scared, since we were 7 drunken spanish guys in a little car, but they just told us (while laughing) "be careful with your belongings, there are lots of thieves in this area". They were the coolest policemen I've ever seen!! :)