Wacken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
29 März 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Strange as it may seem, im looking forward to meeting some real live Scandanavians! Ive been listening to all this genius Scandanavian death/black metal for ages now and ive never actually talked to one of you Vikings before! :D

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
pet,

again thanx. i went to that site you suggested about train info. it was helpful, but how come i can't find Bad Berka on any German map? does it really take nine hours from amst. to bad berka? this gets more confusing by the day, but for the sake of metal, i shall continue my quest for train info! :)

only 122 days to my dying bride, destruction, and necrophobic to name a few!

can we bring coolers with beer and stuff to the campgrounds along with anything else i might "pick up " in amsterdam *wink*?

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
You should be ale to find Erfurt at your German map. Bad Berka is about 20 kilometres east. It seems to be a village as small as Wacken city ;)
And yes, of course you can bring coolers with beer and drinks and food as much as you like.
For "anything else you might pick up in Amsterdam" - here a quotation from the Festival ABC:
"Customs duty
The fact that Schleswig-Holstein is a little Bundesland , means that we belong to the category - great event - . That means that the customs duty are able to do controls all over the freeway. We can´t prevent that, sorry. So just keep an eye on what you take with you.
The Police will also do alcoholcontrols on departure of the W:O:A."

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
*is just wondering if hellshallbemine will feel the same way towards scandinavians after WOA*

It will be ok as long as you don't stumble into any swedes. But then again, after what i've heard both Sweden and Suomi Finland has left scandinavia since they joined the EU. Hmm... *scratches his head* I still don't understand how they made that one. :)

Look up Norwegians, and be prepared for some real booze. :)

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
hey kroppus-

what's the deal with the swedes? do they hate evryone ?
i thought this festival we were all united metalheads? i'm coming from the us and so far anyone i have talkerd to here is real friendly and helpful. besides-all that matters is the music (and drinks! :}

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Generally speaking swedes are a worse nuisance than little children. Children that's not your own and you still have to watch out for. :)
If you haven't met swedes, then you should count yourself lucky.
Of course there's some swedes that don't fit this description. No rule without any exeptions.
Ask any Norwegian or Dane you meet if he's from Sweden, and be prepared to loose your hearing. :)

Candlemass is from Sweden and it's one of my old fav. bands. Seems that you don't have to be socially intelligent to make good music.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
mntlsuiside

My friend and I sat down this weekend and planned our European itinerary.

From the information I got, you can get a direct train from Amsterdam to Hamburg. We are planning to go there after Wacken as before we will be travelling from Rock Machina in Spain.

For information on ticket costs, try the Eurail website
www.raileurope.com

I'm sure they have city-city prices as well as the passes.

And if you want to know about the German suburban rail network, there's a link via the German tourism site
www.germany-tourism.de

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
hey brat-

thanks for the links. i have been to both of those sights since i starting planning wacken about 4 months ago. i have never been to europe and i don't know the geography of germany to navigate my way aound. i'm flying into ams. and than i'm gonna see if one of those bus tours goes directly to wacken instead of paying $80.00 for a one way train ticket. alot of stuff i'm finding is not in english, so that kinda hinders my planning as well. like i hope i can find a good store for camping equipment and food and stuff right near wacken. i wanna save as much $$$ as i can for shirts and cd's that i can't get here in the u.s. i wish i had a better idea of things so i can plan to see if there are any good shows in between wacken and party.san in Bad Berka.

thanx for the help, you guys are great.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
you might be better off bringing stuff from the States.

I taking a small tent with me and a few small camping essentials.

Try your local army disposal store for great little canteens that you can use as a frypan and plate...

xpet also mentioned there was is a Walmart in Hamburg.

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
i'm just giving one big thanx again for the infos karsten, brat, pet, kroppus, hell, those travel sights worked really well. i have my whole trip almost worked out.

are there gonna be any more bands added to wacken?