wacken means to me...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Kate McGee
I DO care if somebody hurts me with his spikes.
At least I would love people refraining from crowdsurfing if they are packed with spikes over and over.

But in the end, I would accept people taking spikes in as long as they may be sold on the festival area.
can you use "packed" this way?
It was a very literal translation of what I thought of in German.

Eledhon

28 Jan. 2002
Tampere, Finland
To me Wacken means:

Being part of great multicultural drunken heavy metal mass

The only difference between day and night - you can get burnt by passing out during the day

Everthing to excess! Moderation is for monks!

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
OT: packed

Originally posted by Kate McGee
can you use "packed" this way?
It was a very literal translation of what I thought of in German.
"Voll gepackt"? I think you would say "covered in/with spikes" or "have spikes all over". "Packed" is more of a condition of train compartments, concert halls, etc. In Swedish, it also means drunk.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Oh my god...

@mugabe: Packed means drunk? :D Well, I am sure that there were also many people who were drunk AND wore spikes. So it's not that wrong I guess...and in the end everybody understood what I meant, so I don't really care...

@Hammered_gods: Sure there is always a certain risk. But standing 100m away from the stage you should suspect being quite safe. But even there there were many crowdsurfers. I don't mind people wearing spikes, but when a crowdsurfer with spikes drops down onto my head or back or whatever I DO mind this.

Warscars, yeah! After WOA 2002 I could not feel anything in my toe for...months. This was because we had been standing IN THE CENTER OF HELL at Children of Bodom. :D