Wacken compared to other festivals

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Narragoth

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Sep. 2002
Balingen
Bang Your Head is more True and Power Metal
Its not as big as wacken.... it is in my hometown and i go there every year... i love it!!

Narragoth

2 Sep. 2002
Balingen
another gread festival is Summer Breeze
www.summer-breeze.de
This year it was the best festival... not very big.... very cheap (35 € for 3 days) only the campingside is not rellay good.... you have to walk about 30 mins to the festival or you can go with the shuttle bus...

only the price for camping is too expensive... 10 € / person with or without car....

but the feeling on the campingground is really good... sometimes a car from the locally butcher comes and sells you something to eat...

k this was my best english i can do :p

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
The only festival I've been to besides Wacken was Graspop. The bands were good, the campsite is close to the bandsite, but if you camp there, it's likely that you'll have two of the worst nights in your life. The campsite's terrain is way too irregular. I know of some people who will never camp there again because of their horrible first time experience.

Pil

The only other (larger) metalfestivals I've been to were Waldrock (2002) and Gods Of Metal (2002). Waldrock was ust one day so no camping, and wasn't nearly as big as Wacken. On the Gods Of Metal we had to camp on a camping somewehre else, and take a shuttle bus to the festival, so there was a lot less of the 'festival experience'.

All in all, it surprised me how close the camping sites were to the festival ground, it's quite do-able, other than that, the weather matters a lot of course ;)

NP: Hammerhead - Kill The Night

Aegir

14 Dez. 2002
UK
Hehe, the only other festival I've been to is Glastonbury... give me Wacken any day :)

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Last year I went to Rock Machina. (the weekend before WOA)

I could see great bands, like Sodom, Annihilator, Falconer, Savatage, B. Dickinson, Rage, Angra, Tristania, Moonspell, Tiamat or Siucidal Tendencies. Another fine thing about that festival is that the beach is 100 metres away from the camping site. The beer in the camping site was 2 € a 0.90 l. glass (in the festival area it was a bit more expensive)

The worst of it all: extremely hot temperatures, and having to walk 30 minutes to the festival area

I personally prefer Wacken, because of the bands and also because of the people (WOA is much more international)

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Originally posted by Evenfiel
The only festival I've been to besides Wacken was Graspop. The bands were good, the campsite is close to the bandsite, but if you camp there, it's likely that you'll have two of the worst nights in your life. The campsite's terrain is way too irregular. I know of some people who will never camp there again because of their horrible first time experience.
yeah I camped there last year and I will never do it again! I'll just go there for the saturday and leave after the last band played... it takes me about 3 hours to get there, so I can do that without a problem :)

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
About that translation thing - I'm still on it, only the WOA-guys are not the fastest ones to answer, it seems. So I still hope to get the most important infos on DINA4-sheets in 12 different languages, with the help of this forum.

Hmm, maybe it would be a good idea to get the old thread up again, so you newcomers can read about my little project.

I would also love to translate the booklet, but I don't know if it is possible. There could be money problems or organization problems - those booklets normally get finished sth like a week before the festival begins.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Supercharger
But if wacken is such an international festival why don't they make program books in English? Is it so difficult to make them?

Maybe the organizers aren't quite adjusted to the fact that Wacken has become so international?

I'd love to see some other European metal festivals, but as far as I can tell, Wacken is the crown jewel of them all.

Certainly the US has nothing to even compare. :D