Wacken compared to other festivals

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von berserkur, 18. Dezember 2002.

1. berserkur

berserkur W:O:A Metalhead

Since I haven´t been to other ones how does WOA is compared to WFForce, Bang yourhead, old Dynamo, Donington etc.

2. Narragoth

Narragoth W:O:A Metalhead

Bang Your Head is more True and Power Metal
    Its not as big as wacken.... it is in my hometown and i go there every year... i love it!!

3. berserkur

berserkur W:O:A Metalhead

why you lucky bastard!

I envy you europeans living in the mainland

4. Narragoth

Narragoth W:O:A Metalhead

another gread festival is Summer Breeze
    www.summer-breeze.de
    This year it was the best festival... not very big.... very cheap (35 € for 3 days) only the campingside is not rellay good.... you have to walk about 30 mins to the festival or you can go with the shuttle bus...

only the price for camping is too expensive... 10 € / person with or without car....

but the feeling on the campingground is really good... sometimes a car from the locally butcher comes and sells you something to eat...

k this was my best english i can do :p

5. Lucretia

Lucretia W:O:A Metalmaster

/me liked Wacken better than Summer Breeze :p

6. Evenfiel

Evenfiel W:O:A Metalhead

The only festival I've been to besides Wacken was Graspop. The bands were good, the campsite is close to the bandsite, but if you camp there, it's likely that you'll have two of the worst nights in your life. The campsite's terrain is way too irregular. I know of some people who will never camp there again because of their horrible first time experience.

7. Pil

Pil Member

The only other (larger) metalfestivals I've been to were Waldrock (2002) and Gods Of Metal (2002). Waldrock was ust one day so no camping, and wasn't nearly as big as Wacken. On the Gods Of Metal we had to camp on a camping somewehre else, and take a shuttle bus to the festival, so there was a lot less of the 'festival experience'.

All in all, it surprised me how close the camping sites were to the festival ground, it's quite do-able, other than that, the weather matters a lot of course ;)

NP: Hammerhead - Kill The Night

8. Rock'n'Roll

Rock'n'Roll W:O:A Metalmaster

Wacken is

Simply the best...

9. Aegir

Aegir W:O:A Metalhead

Hehe, the only other festival I've been to is Glastonbury... give me Wacken any day :)

10. Sodomy&Lust

Sodomy&Lust W:O:A Metalmaster

Last year I went to Rock Machina. (the weekend before WOA)

I could see great bands, like Sodom, Annihilator, Falconer, Savatage, B. Dickinson, Rage, Angra, Tristania, Moonspell, Tiamat or Siucidal Tendencies. Another fine thing about that festival is that the beach is 100 metres away from the camping site. The beer in the camping site was 2 € a 0.90 l. glass (in the festival area it was a bit more expensive)

The worst of it all: extremely hot temperatures, and having to walk 30 minutes to the festival area

I personally prefer Wacken, because of the bands and also because of the people (WOA is much more international)

11. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

But if wacken is such an international festival why don't they make program books in English? Is it so difficult to make them?

12. Lord Horb

Lord Horb W:O:A Metalhead

yeah I camped there last year and I will never do it again! I'll just go there for the saturday and leave after the last band played... it takes me about 3 hours to get there, so I can do that without a problem :)

13. Sodomy&Lust

Sodomy&Lust W:O:A Metalmaster

And why don't they translate the news on this site?

14. monochrom

monochrom W:O:A Metalmaster

About that translation thing - I'm still on it, only the WOA-guys are not the fastest ones to answer, it seems. So I still hope to get the most important infos on DINA4-sheets in 12 different languages, with the help of this forum.

Hmm, maybe it would be a good idea to get the old thread up again, so you newcomers can read about my little project.

I would also love to translate the booklet, but I don't know if it is possible. There could be money problems or organization problems - those booklets normally get finished sth like a week before the festival begins.

15. Warthog

Warthog W:O:A Metalmaster

Maybe the organizers aren't quite adjusted to the fact that Wacken has become so international?

I'd love to see some other European metal festivals, but as far as I can tell, Wacken is the crown jewel of them all.

Certainly the US has nothing to even compare. :D

Diese Seite empfehlen