W T FFFFFFFF.......

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
And the 'emblem' of Christian Death Metal is just the way of making it easy for Christians to do their choice of which bands to listen to.

And you dont find that bizarre? how about the fact that if the name "Christian" wasnt present, it would automatically be assumed "satanic" metal by these people? And what about the notion that they cannot make the corna (horn) sign cause its also condemned as "satanic" and doesnt adhere by any means to Christianity and if they had their way (like in the past) theyd kill you for that. I just had to throw that in there ! :p
But seriously I find it hypocritical all around.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Aside from my own views and opinions (on anything) cause its not the point, I would truly like to understand ,..

If youre Christian and want to be in a black/death metal group, fine, great,just because i dont like it, I can care less what religion (or any bullshit deity) you worship. but why do you have to go out of your way and call it "CHRISTIAN black death metal" unless youre trying to make it a point that its CHRISTIAN?, Which is obvious in this case since there is an entire genre out there specifically called "CHRISTIAN BLACK METAL"!despite the fact that this form of music has always been heavily critized by the very same religion you embrace for being "satanic" and associated with anything and everything evil and yet is some how validated because it has a new label on it with the word: "christian"!? It doesnt make sense.

If i were jewish and my jewish friends and i formed a death metal band why should i call it a "Jewish Death Metal" band or group because my religion is Jewish?? WTF is that shit? Not even that but start a whole new genre around a specific religion because its what i happen to be. Or "Islamic Black Death Metal" if theyre Muslim. WHy does the religious factor have to be openly displayed to be known for everyone to see. Someone please inform me of a logical answer (other than what I said) because I dont fucken get it.

because people like to label everything :rolleyes:
I don't understand the point of people calling their bands 'new blackened melodic death metal' or whatever random titles people come up with either...
only explanation I can give about the specific label of Christian metal would just be to tell Christians that hey, we're not like the other death/black metal bands out there.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
And you dont find that bizarre? how about the fact that if the name "Christian" wasnt present, it would automatically be assumed "satanic" metal by these people? And what about the notion that they cannot make the corna (horn) sign cause its also condemned as "satanic" and doesnt adhere by any means to Christianity and if they had their way (like in the past) theyd kill you for that. I just had to throw that in there ! :p
But seriously I find it hypocritical all around.

well the fact is, some people do assume such things... sooo it's more for clarification... even if it isn't necessary
I throw the horns basically daily :rolleyes:
and on that note, 666 means nothing to me either as far as Satanic symbolism.
sooo once again, you can't generalize Christians condemning those things.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I say outside of Atlanta because that is an area where people tend to be some of the most religious in the country and im sure he knows what im referring to.

Right away they go after me as if i were attacking someones personal beliefs or theyre "rights". Give me a break.,I never did disrespect anyones opinions, rights or beliefs here.
I may hate Christianity (and proud of it) but i dont hate the Christian. We are all brainwashed in some way.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

WackenOff

Oooooh! This topic is tasty! It's also, unfortunately, quite indisputable. You really have to weigh both sides without bias to fully grasp it.

On the one hand: Metal. Its earliest roots trace back to the Southern State blues of the early 1900s which was the music of the oppressed and enslaved, a way to let out their woes and come together in grievance and frustration. It was in no way uplifting or immaculate and there, of course, exist the rumours of those who even sold their souls to "the devil" in exchange for blues fame and talent. From the blues came rock and from rock came metal and throughout the progression the music became increasingly loud, aggressive and "sinful", promoting the ideas of sex, drugs and alcohol. Even musically, the use of the tritone or "the devil's chord" (a diminished fifth) was heavily frowned on by religious traditions. It is perfectly understandable, especially in the West, why anyone would consider the amalgamation of metal into "Christian" culture hypocritical.

On the other hand: "Christianity". Literally, the ianity of Christ. Those who believe in Christ and strive to follow his teachings often call themselves Christians. Unfortunately for you, rice, there is no definitive "Christian" church. The title is left solely to the individual, regardless of what religious sect they follow, and it is up to them to determine just how "Christian" they are. It has always been the organization that has been the oppressor and the censurer of music, race and culture, for which I'm sure most anti-religious people detest them. I was raised a Mormon myself (and almost went on a damn mission too!) and I remember my mother shouting at me for "listening to that crap!" upon finding an ACDC album a friend had lent me. However, I never heard anything against such music otherwise from any teachers or missionaries in that particular sect. Though here are a few interesting links to read up on:

http://www.lds.net/forums/276341-post8.html
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=715238#715238

Personally, I'm into metal because of the talent it requires and the energy with which it's played, and I can sympathize with someone who would like to enjoy those same qualities in their music without having to listen to someone viciously attacking their close-held beliefs. Retrospectively, it is pretty wrong to see a group of people saying, "Hey! This stuff ain't so bad after all!" It's like a kid learning to appreciate broccoli after years of rejection and you just want to smack him on the forehead and go, "NO DUH!" but really, in a global sense where some people are actually just trying to get along I don't see why we can't all just unite under metal.

\m/

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
It has always been the organization that has been the oppressor and the censurer of music, race and culture, for which I'm sure most anti-religious people detest them.
Good reply Canada.
I agree! and by "organization" one could even interpret that synonymous with something "evil" in itself.