VH1's Behind The Music-Pantera

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
I watched my tape last night of VH1's Behind The Music-Pantera.It made me sad & angry.They showed vid clips of Dimebag's murder(they showed the nutcase jumping up on stage & pulling a gun out).My jaw hit the ground when they showed this.

My beef is with Phil Anselmo.He CLAIMS to be clean(he was fucking fried during his interview).He was the break up of Pantera,not Dime(Nathan Gale killed Dime blaming him).He's just as guilty as Gale(I heard about the interview in Metal Hammer where he wanted someone to "Beat Darrell Severely").I hope he has to live with the burden & grief(sp) the rest of his life.

I'll be visiting Catlash next month & we're planning on driving to Dallas to visit Dime's grave(I'll leave either a bottle of Crown or Jack by the tombstone).

Like I said,this has left me sad & angry all over again.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
LooseCannon schrieb:
I watched my tape last night of VH1's Behind The Music-Pantera.It made me sad & angry.They showed vid clips of Dimebag's murder(they showed the nutcase jumping up on stage & pulling a gun out).My jaw hit the ground when they showed this.

My beef is with Phil Anselmo.He CLAIMS to be clean(he was fucking fried during his interview).He was the break up of Pantera,not Dime(Nathan Gale killed Dime blaming him).He's just as guilty as Gale(I heard about the interview in Metal Hammer where he wanted someone to "Beat Darrell Severely").I hope he has to live with the burden & grief(sp) the rest of his life.

I'll be visiting Catlash next month & we're planning on driving to Dallas to visit Dime's grave(I'll leave either a bottle of Crown or Jack by the tombstone).

Like I said,this has left me sad & angry all over again.

When this was all first brewing about amongst I and fellow promoters Phil did state rather wryly about missing Dime and that the burden would probably be on his shoulders before spouting off again. I think that was a bit of a more candid glimpse and in time he will come to see what has happened. and yes he will have to live with the comments he made and one day, when he needs understanding the most in his life, it will gnaw at him and may, from the dissentions I heard in the very beginning, cause a few to turn their backs on him as many did from the beginning. If he is sober and clean enough he will feel it then, if not he will wind up alone and forgotten like Layne was in his final days. Karma does have a way of getting her way and she usualy does so with great paitence. What I see is an attempt he might have at the time meant on getting clean that possibly got thrown by the wayside after Dime's death. Some people do not deal well with it and that sort of trauma could have very well thrown him headlong back into drugs. Of course only he really knows this and who would trust his word now.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
Zombi schrieb:
I really don't understand who you are so angry at, and why. i mean, apart from the guy with the gun.
He's taking it all a bit personal, as some people have. It was a horrid thing to happen and what Phil is doing is bad beyond that.... but that is me. I don't understand his anger either but trauma hits everyone differently.
Back when a former BF of mine died years ago I was of course very shocked and hurt but that was it, (that was enough trust me!) but the vocalist of the band he drummed for was, atop of all that very, very angry as well. Again I did not understand his anger, why he felt this was done to him for his drummer certainly did not die as some great way to get back at him but that was his way of handling trauma and all I could do was talk to him and let him go through it.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
LooseCannon schrieb:
Phil broke up Pantera,not Dime(like the guy who killed Dime claimed).

Yes, but you seem to be blaming him and Gale for being personally responsible for what happened.

Bands breaks up all the time, sometimes one person is more at fault than another. People fuck up. People make mistakes and say stupid things. It happens. It doesn't mean you have to prepare for a fucking shooting then.

In the end, what happened is a tragedy, and I think it's sad that you seem to be going after the people who are most closely affected by this simply because they were human and couldn't foresee the fucking future.

forgive me if I simply misread you. it just comes across this way to me.