Vesperian Sorrow

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Deadknight, 23. August 2002.

1. Deadknight

Deadknight Newbie

Hey guys, just want to get your honest opinion about my band Vesperian Sorrow, check out the site at www.vesperiansorrow.net and download the music and let me know what you think!

2. mugabe

mugabe W:O:A Metalhead

I bought the latest Bethlehem album in Wacken and, for reasons unknown to me, I got a complimentary copy of "Beyond The Cursed Eclipse" as well. I didn't know what to expect, but feared the worst, since the cover art was a bit on the cheesy side. I was positively surprised, however. I like the new songs on your homepage as well. Not groundbreaking stuff, perhaps, but thoroughly enjoyable melodic black metal.

/mug

3. Deadknight

Deadknight Newbie

I'm glad you liked "Beyond...", but the last album, "Psychotic Scultpure" is much better (and the cover isn't cheesey!). If you get a chance to grab that one, you'll probably think better of us (hopefully!).

4. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

heard of the band name..it's kinda like Cradle of filth and Dimmu Borgir isn't it?

5. Deadknight

Deadknight Newbie

Not really man, we're trying to do our own thing. Just check us out and see what you think, but I don't think we sound like either of those guys.

6. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

If you did..it would be very stupid. There are already too much cradle and dimmu clones around. Anyway..I prefer death and trash over blackmetal

7. Deadknight

Deadknight Newbie

Understood man, we try to stay away from sounding too much like anyone else.

8. Lee Spellcast

Lee Spellcast W:O:A Metalhead

I have heard some of your stuff, it is pretty good!

Why do you ask here, are displeased going to try ang get you on next years line-up???

Lee

9. Deadknight

Deadknight Newbie

Nah, WE'RE going to try to get us on next year's lineup. We're not on Displeased anymore so we're having to do everything ourselves, which isn't that much of a change from when we were on Displeased.

10. hellshallbemine

hellshallbemine Member

Hey Deadnight, i've heard some of your stuff. It's quite good, but a tad unoriginal for my tastes. Keep slogging on though, and if you make next years bill, i'll definitely check you out. Good luck.

11. mugabe

mugabe W:O:A Metalhead

I just got "Psychotic Sculpture" off the net. "Into the Realm of Dreams and Haunts" is the standout track, imho. I wouldn't compare you to CoF or Dimmu Borgir, though, as I actually find your stuff better than their rather lame offerings of lately. A band that comes to mind, however, is Sweden's Dawn. Check out their "Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy)", excellent blackened speed metal in the same vein as yours.

/mug

12. Deadknight

Deadknight Newbie

Thanks guys, I'll definately check out Dawn. I've never heard them before. I'm glad you guys dig the music!

13. Zamoth

Zamoth Newbie

Your album Psychotic Sculpture is one of the best albums i have bought this year or the best one. I can´t make up my mind. It never grows tiring to listen to it. If you are going to Wacken next year I definitely will stand in the front row.

14. Deadknight

Deadknight Newbie

Thanks Zemoth! Your inspirational post makes us excited to get the new album recorded!

15. Lee Spellcast

Lee Spellcast W:O:A Metalhead

Glas to hear you are recording a new album! Have you managed to get a new deal yet?

There are a lot of good labels who I am sure would be interested in signing a band of your calibre!

Diese Seite empfehlen