Travel Time Help

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metal_Ste

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew approx how long it takes to get to wacken (or more specifically from wacken to hamburg) as my flight home has changed time (from 7pm to 2.30pm) so I need to plan on when I need to leave the festival site on the Sunday

Cheers!

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Metal_Ste schrieb:
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew approx how long it takes to get to wacken (or more specifically from wacken to hamburg) as my flight home has changed time (from 7pm to 2.30pm) so I need to plan on when I need to leave the festival site on the Sunday

Cheers!

Normal drive without stau is about 1 hour, usually after Wacken I'd say 4-5 hours.

To be sure to get to the airport and so on, I'd make sure to have at least 6-7 hours, at least if you're going by car.

By train I have no idea.

How are you planning on going from Wacken to Hamburg?

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
hmm

it will be by train etc as I don't drive..

I hate the airline for this, think i'm gonna just have to go with no sleep to make sure i get there on time!

really 6-7 hours by car??? christ.. we were gonna take a taxi as a last resort but thats just nuts!! its only 50 miles from hamburg aint it??

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Metal_Ste schrieb:
it will be by train etc as I don't drive..

I hate the airline for this, think i'm gonna just have to go with no sleep to make sure i get there on time!

really 6-7 hours by car??? christ.. we were gonna take a taxi as a last resort but thats just nuts!! its only 50 miles from hamburg aint it??

it is, but every year after Wacken there is a huuuuuge stand still (stau) of cars going from Wacken into the general Hamburg direction.

We went to Wacken from Hamburg in 1 hour, to get back it was something like 4-5 hours, at least.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Metal_Ste schrieb:
thats some major traffic problems!! I take it, it wont take anywhere near that by train etc?

Never tried the train, but I guess it won't stand still due to traffic jams at least ;)

I think the train from Itzehoe to Hamburg takes less than 1 hour at least.

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
COOL

Eaugh i'm dreading the thought of draggin my self up early on the sunday morning to go home, sucks donkey balls! might just get hammered and stay up all night and skip the sleep thing

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
hey !

time travel help is also welcome!!!

just think! get home from work and decide ya a bit bored so you nip to wacken whenever you want, awesome.

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
cool

awesome shouldn't be too bad then...unless the traffic from hamburg to the airport is bad...think we'll be getting a taxi to hamburg airport from hamburg or altona

Balrog

26 Nov. 2001
Schaumburg o. FFM
Website besuchen
As long as you leave earlier than 10a.m. there won't be a problem, I guess... Take a taxi to Itzehoe train station and then the train to Hamburg. As Quark said it only takes 45mins. to get there.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Metal_Ste schrieb:
awesome shouldn't be too bad then...unless the traffic from hamburg to the airport is bad...think we'll be getting a taxi to hamburg airport from hamburg or altona
Altona = Hamburg. It's just not the main station, but there are S-Bahn and U-Bahn (city trains and subway) to take you to the main station if you have to.