this forum has gone to SHIT! (anti-spamming protest)

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Brat, 07. Juli 2003.

1. Brat

Brat W:O:A Metalhead

There are people here (you KNOW who you are) who are diminishing the worth of important and/or interesting threads on this board for the sake of increasing their posting counts and it's REALLY PISSING ME OFF! :mad:

I feel it's time for the moderators to instigate an anti-spamming policy!

Relevant posts about Wacken, other festivals and social gatherings of Wackenites are being lost amongst pages of spam and I'm sicking of having to sift through the dribble.

Would anyone else like to support me in this protest?

2. Der Helm

Der Helm W:O:A Metalmaster

Hm, I can understand your point of view, but, be honest, would it be as much fun as it is now if someone would "censor" the posts ?

BUT!!!

I agree that there are too many "senseless" threads. Like the one about shitting and various others.

btw, ever been to the german forum ?

Not sure about your german, but there are A LOT mor spamming threads than in here. At least it feels that way.

:D:D:D

3. Zarborg

Zarborg W:O:A Metalhead

I understand your point of view. Spam should be limited to spam threat...

4. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight W:O:A Metalmaster

Lady Natalia, I support Thee in this matter.

This matter has been discussed before but not a real movement against it.

Ther german forum has alot of them, I know, have seen them

5. MetalMessenger

MetalMessenger W:O:A Metalhead

After this new thread I can only say that this is my last post!
    I was fun! Bye to you all!

6. PsychicVeteran

PsychicVeteran W:O:A Metalmaster

Not really - I try to keep to the spamming threads, but I have added the odd comment here and there in other places, but I don't feel that I've overdone it. I also try to provide useful information and repeat important things so people don't have to wade through the morass ;)

There are a lot of people around - it's difficult - I can understand your problem - I hope having raised the issue alleviates the situation ;)

Oh, and by the way - I don't think it has necessarily got worse round here - I think you arrived at a quiet time :eek:

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 07. Juli 2003
  7. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

you got a point brat..there is way too much spamming going on..I suggest with every new thread should be stated wheter it's allowed to spam or not

8. Shadowtear

Shadowtear W:O:A Metalmaster

I must say.... sometimes I post a lot of stuff here...and maybe sometimes it is spamming (I can`t absolve myself of that).... but I think I try to keep the important threads to stay important.... f*** I don`t know how to explain it in english, sorry....I hope all of you understand what I mean

9. ShizzoKrause

ShizzoKrause W:O:A Metalmaster

Re: Re: this forum has gone to SHIT! (anti-spamming protest)

Hey, my shitting-thread is a good one :D:D:D:D

But I agree in one way, the spamming should be kepot into the spamthreads and not in every one.......

I´m happy that I´m not a spammer :D:D:D:D

10. gnoff

gnoff W:O:A Metalmaster

I've done my fair share of spamming, have tried to keep to the more "spam-like" threads lately though.

I can also feel that some important threads get lost when there are too many spamming threads.

On the other hand I really try not to spam in the ones handling serious subjects.

Maybe we can see some change in the weeks to come?

11. Rosk

Rosk W:O:A Metalhead

I support every word you have said dear Brat. I've been abscent from this forum for this reason, but I'm addicted and always check to see posts from the cool people in here. But lately you have to skip LOTS of pages to find 1 interesting post

12. klistnos

klistnos Member

though I'm new I kind of aree with bart many of the important threads are getting lost because of so much spamming personaly I don't spamm much but I think there should be some theards for spamming cause it's nice to have somewhere to spamm when you are bored:)

anyway metal messangerdon't take anything personally it is just that you kind of overreacted with this: "getting as much posts as possible till wacken".
    anyway just spamm on the right threads and don't open new ones:)

13. Zombi

Zombi W:O:A Metalmaster

I disagree completely. I have never seen a problem with spamming here. If someone starts a serious thread, people answer it seriously until all the info has been given ...THEN it is spammed to death...I see no problem with this at all..

I mean, let's face it, when we all meet at wacken, our discussions in reality will probably have more talk equivilent to useless spamming then this forum has real spamming...

I don't believe you have to 'wade through' loads of spams to get to any interesting posts....I have never experienced this.

14. Zombi

and let's not mention who boring this forum would be if an anti-spamming policy was in effect....

15. Zombi

so stop whining!

Diese Seite empfehlen