this forum has gone to SHIT! (anti-spamming protest)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
There are people here (you KNOW who you are) who are diminishing the worth of important and/or interesting threads on this board for the sake of increasing their posting counts and it's REALLY PISSING ME OFF! :mad:

I feel it's time for the moderators to instigate an anti-spamming policy!

Relevant posts about Wacken, other festivals and social gatherings of Wackenites are being lost amongst pages of spam and I'm sicking of having to sift through the dribble.

Would anyone else like to support me in this protest?

Der Helm

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Originally posted by Brat
There are people here (you KNOW who you are) who are diminishing the worth of important and/or interesting threads on this board for the sake of increasing their posting counts and it's REALLY PISSING ME OFF! :mad:

Relevant posts about Wacken, other festivals and social gatherings of Wackenites are being lost amongst pages of spam and I'm sicking of having to sift through the dribble.

Hm, I can understand your point of view, but, be honest, would it be as much fun as it is now if someone would "censor" the posts ?

BUT!!!

I agree that there are too many "senseless" threads. Like the one about shitting and various others.

btw, ever been to the german forum ?

Not sure about your german, but there are A LOT mor spamming threads than in here. At least it feels that way.

:D:D:D

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Lady Natalia, I support Thee in this matter.

This matter has been discussed before but not a real movement against it.

Ther german forum has alot of them, I know, have seen them

PsychicVeteran

Not really - I try to keep to the spamming threads, but I have added the odd comment here and there in other places, but I don't feel that I've overdone it. I also try to provide useful information and repeat important things so people don't have to wade through the morass ;)

There are a lot of people around - it's difficult - I can understand your problem - I hope having raised the issue alleviates the situation ;)

Oh, and by the way - I don't think it has necessarily got worse round here - I think you arrived at a quiet time :eek:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Shadowtear

21 Dez. 2001
Helltown Ahaus
www.metalinferno.de
I must say.... sometimes I post a lot of stuff here...and maybe sometimes it is spamming (I can`t absolve myself of that).... but I think I try to keep the important threads to stay important.... f*** I don`t know how to explain it in english, sorry....I hope all of you understand what I mean

Re: Re: this forum has gone to SHIT! (anti-spamming protest)

Originally posted by Der Helm
Hm, I can understand your point of view, but, be honest, would it be as much fun as it is now if someone would "censor" the posts ?

BUT!!!

I agree that there are too many "senseless" threads. Like the one about shitting and various others.

btw, ever been to the german forum ?

Not sure about your german, but there are A LOT mor spamming threads than in here. At least it feels that way.

:D:D:D

Hey, my shitting-thread is a good one :D:D:D:D

But I agree in one way, the spamming should be kepot into the spamthreads and not in every one.......

I´m happy that I´m not a spammer :D:D:D:D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I've done my fair share of spamming, have tried to keep to the more "spam-like" threads lately though.

I can also feel that some important threads get lost when there are too many spamming threads.

On the other hand I really try not to spam in the ones handling serious subjects.

Maybe we can see some change in the weeks to come?

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico

I support every word you have said dear Brat. I've been abscent from this forum for this reason, but I'm addicted and always check to see posts from the cool people in here. But lately you have to skip LOTS of pages to find 1 interesting post

klistnos

29 Juni 2003
Website besuchen
though I'm new I kind of aree with bart many of the important threads are getting lost because of so much spamming personaly I don't spamm much but I think there should be some theards for spamming cause it's nice to have somewhere to spamm when you are bored:)

anyway metal messangerdon't take anything personally it is just that you kind of overreacted with this: "getting as much posts as possible till wacken".
anyway just spamm on the right threads and don't open new ones:)

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
I disagree completely. I have never seen a problem with spamming here. If someone starts a serious thread, people answer it seriously until all the info has been given ...THEN it is spammed to death...I see no problem with this at all..

I mean, let's face it, when we all meet at wacken, our discussions in reality will probably have more talk equivilent to useless spamming then this forum has real spamming...

I don't believe you have to 'wade through' loads of spams to get to any interesting posts....I have never experienced this.