• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

tDa

5 Mai 2013
We are not allowed to work any overtime because that will change the total hours available in the contract. Though occasionally we are here late some days - we will be allowed to go early the next day if that happens. Never any money gets paid for that and we are not allowed to accumulate the time off either.

I guess, with the exception of the accumulation, it's pretty much the same story here. Occasionally I get asked to do work outside of normal hours (eg. weekends), and get paid overtime for it, but that's rare - happened like 3 or 4 times in total.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
At the yard, we have contract workers as well, often foreigners. They do the same work like the colleagues of the core company, but get paid a lot less. Sometimes less than 5,-€ an hour for a hard day's work. Pity. :(

This is what they do with IT people here.. If you have a permanent job in a good company you get paid somewhere around 35/40$ an hour + benefits. When you work contracts they pay you about 18-25 and you get nothing for vacation or anything else. They rip you off for as much as they can and I have even been offered jobs for 12$/hour (which is what you get paid here to work at McDonalds!) It's sick.. Considering I needed to go to University and have a degree PLUS Secret Government clearance to even get this job.. That pay is a joke!