• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Killdrums

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2017
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada
Ohhh yeah, another canadian fella and a newfie!

I was there for my vacation last summer. Your province remind me of Ireland except for the beer :) I had a hard time to find good brew except in St-John's.

We did St-John's, Trepassay, Placentia, Southport (near Clarenville) and Twillingate (Iceberg was superb even in July expecially in Bridgeport!) and back to St-John's to get our flight back.
Dude, Brother, My fellow Metalhead AND Canadian ... hope you enjoyed your vacation here !!! I am from the St. John's area so I never have a problem finding a great brew but I certainly will apologize for the lack of said brew elsewhere throughout the province. I will say though .. some areas have expanded their horizons of late. Don't mistake that as developing a discriminating palate LOL

Seeing how you've been to Wacken twice, I have to ask, how was your experience traveling to Europe ... More specifically ... Wacken ?

Pleasure meeting you here Darkfang !

Darkfang

Seeing how you've been to Wacken twice, I have to ask, how was your experience traveling to Europe ... More specifically ... Wacken ?
Pleasure meeting you here Darkfang !

*sigh* Europe is amazing. I miss it everyday. I would love to live there but like everyone say, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I have been there 7 times :
2008 - Belgium, Amsterdam, Paris
2010/2011 (Christimas vacation, Spain (Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona)
2011/2012 (Christimas vacation, Czech Republic - Prague)
2012 - France (Bordeaux)
2013 - France (Strasbourg)
2014 - Ireland (Dublin, Northern Ireland, Listowel, Cork)
2016 - Italy (Naples)

Wacken is special, for me at least. Maybe it's the fact that we have to take the plane. I will probably have to same feeling if i'm going to the Hellfest as an example. Beside the music, beer and camping, the best thing is meeting new metalhead friend from all aroung the globe. And seeing them again a second (third, fourth etc..) time make it even more special.

One advice, camp there! If you don't want to bring/buy a tent, use the rent-a-tent service. It's great. Like AP told me back in 2013 before the 2014 edition, 50% of the fun is camping on site (I was staying in an appartment in Itzehoe...). He was right. I did that in 2016 and met/talk with a lot of people (and got drunk with them after the festival in Hamburg, haha). Be there there early, like monday or tuesday. There's some band playing on wednesday and more time to met people. And go the meeting to meet the user of this forum. AP, Alix, Milkie and many more. Just writting this post and want to return next year... But it will not be possible. but 2019, here I come!!! :)

Reaktionen: agresionpower

Darkfang

Ha! Ça me convient! La chance est réelle que je serai là en 2019, comme c'est le 30ème Wacken, et mon 15ème!

Ha! That's convenient! Chances are, I will be there in 2019, as it'll be the 30th Wacken, and my 15th!

Ohhhh this is a plus! And we might go in Belgium or Germany. It will be cool if I could join you for the (train) ride to Wacken.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Ha! Ça me convient! La chance est réelle que je serai là en 2019, comme c'est le 30ème Wacken, et mon 15ème!

Ha! That's convenient! Chances are, I will be there in 2019, as it'll be the 30th Wacken, and my 15th!

Ohhhh this is a plus! And we might go in Belgium or Germany. It will be cool if I could join you for the (train) ride to Wacken.

I'll keep that in mind.
as 2019 is still quit far I have no idea what my plans will be :p

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Ça serait vraiment bien! That'd be great!

Et bien sûr! Même gratuitement s'il faut! (droit à un accompagnateur dans l'UE, si je prends le train)
I'll keep that in mind.
as 2019 is still quit far I have no idea what my plans will be :p
Point is, I have got some plans as for 2018, either Headbangers, or Rock of Ages (both the same weekend), and Party-San, and Fall of Summer. That might change next year. And like I said, 15th time, 30th edition. Double jubilee for me! :p
So....

Killdrums

21 März 2017
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada
One advice, camp there! If you don't want to bring/buy a tent, use the rent-a-tent service. It's great. Like AP told me back in 2013 before the 2014 edition, 50% of the fun is camping on site (I was staying in an appartment in Itzehoe...). He was right. I did that in 2016 and met/talk with a lot of people (and got drunk with them after the festival in Hamburg, haha). Be there there early, like monday or tuesday. There's some band playing on wednesday and more time to met people. And go the meeting to meet the user of this forum. AP, Alix, Milkie and many more. Just writting this post and want to return next year... But it will not be possible. but 2019, here I come!!! :)

Advice greatly appreciated and We're totally staying on the Festival grounds. My wife and I have been patiently waiting for Camper Park Wacken to announce their services for 2018. We've been planning a pilgrimage to the Holy Land for 5 years and it's now that Life has given Us the opportunity to go on such an amazing Metal adventure. It's as You said "the best thing is meeting new metalhead friend from all around the globe" ... and one can not meet new people in their apartment/hotel room !

Reaktionen: agresionpower