• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
KLM, when I went to Toronto, back in 2002. Till 20kg checked luggage and hand (cabin) luggage as extra. (8kg)

Well if some airline let you take luggage for free in 2002, doesn't really help me.

On my first Wacken trip I think I could take luggage for free but after that I think it has become not included in the prize in pretty much every airline.

StrungOut84

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2016
Gander, Canada
Well if some airline let you take luggage for free in 2002, doesn't really help me.

On my first Wacken trip I think I could take luggage for free but after that I think it has become not included in the prize in pretty much every airline.

I think it all depends on the distance of the trip you're having, for exemple if I book a flight from Montreal to Toronto(same country) or Las Vegas (USA) I'll pay for my checked luggage.
But if I book a flight to Mexico or overseas to Germany/France...etc then my first checked luggage is free.

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
I think it all depends on the distance of the trip you're having, for exemple if I book a flight from Montreal to Toronto(same country) or Las Vegas (USA) I'll pay for my checked luggage.
But if I book a flight to Mexico or overseas to Germany/France...etc then my first checked luggage is free.

Yeah that makes sense. But it's really hard for me to find flights inside europe with free checked luggage.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
That could be possible.
Like I said, I did only fly once, in 2002, and it was an overseas flight. (Amsterdam Schiphol - Toronto Pierson v.v.)
Since I'm not fond of flying in the first place, and it takes (to my opinion) more or less the same amount of time, but LOADS more money, I prefer the train. Even if that means sitting 9hrs in a train. (from which 4hrs in the SAME train)

And I have more or like the same problem. THere are no cheap flights Charleroi South- Hamburg, or with a overlay in some "weird" country. (Istambul for instance, and right now the Turkish aren't the Dutch' best friends, so one reason more to avoid the weird country.)

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
That could be possible.
Like I said, I did only fly once, in 2002, and it was an overseas flight. (Amsterdam Schiphol - Toronto Pierson v.v.)
Since I'm'not fond of flying in the first place, and it takes (to my opinion) more or less the same amount of time, but LOADS more money, I prefer thte train. Even if that means sitting 9hrs in a train. (from which 4hrs in the SAME train)

And I have more lr like the same problem. THere are no cheap flights Charleroi South- Hamburg, or with a overlay in some "weird" country. (Istambul for instance, and right now the Turkish aren't the Dutch' best friends, so one reason more to avoid the weird country.

Yeah I've had flights where the checked luggage was free but the past few years I think most airlines have changes their policies on that, at least on shorter flights. I haven't even taken a flight to another continent.

Yeah the cheapest ones for me tend to be ones with layovers and sometimes the times are ridiculous. Of course I won't book those but anyway.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
That'd be something for some of you! :ugly::ugly:
WANTED: INTERNATIONAL FANS FOR OFFICIAL WACKEN OPEN AIR VIDEO!

Wacken Open Air 2017 visitors watch out!

We're looking for some international W:O:A visitors that want to film their trips to Wacken with a smartphone, action cam or camcorder.

Have you ever dreamed of appearing in an official Wacken Open Air video? This is your chance!

If you want to take it, write us an email to trailer-casting@wacken.com.

You need to send us two things:
1. Some lines to tell us, from what place you're going to start your journey to Wacken.
2. A picture of you in front of a landmark or landscape that is typical for your home country or region.

Thanks a lot and see you in Wacken!
Your W:O:A-Team

http://www.wacken.com/en/news/news/...onal-fans-for-official-wacken-open-air-video/

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
That'd be something for some of you! :ugly::ugly:
WANTED: INTERNATIONAL FANS FOR OFFICIAL WACKEN OPEN AIR VIDEO!

Wacken Open Air 2017 visitors watch out!

We're looking for some international W:O:A visitors that want to film their trips to Wacken with a smartphone, action cam or camcorder.

Have you ever dreamed of appearing in an official Wacken Open Air video? This is your chance!

If you want to take it, write us an email to trailer-casting@wacken.com.

You need to send us two things:
1. Some lines to tell us, from what place you're going to start your journey to Wacken.
2. A picture of you in front of a landmark or landscape that is typical for your home country or region.

Thanks a lot and see you in Wacken!
Your W:O:A-Team

http://www.wacken.com/en/news/news/...onal-fans-for-official-wacken-open-air-video/

Hmm that could be cool but I don't think I'm very comfortable in front of a camera. :D And I'd forget that I was supposed to record stuff. :D

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Apparently in a prison in Miami 4 corrections officers put an inmate in shower for two hours. And the temperature of the water was 82 celsius, so he obviously died. But the corrections officers weren't charged...