The use of a car while staying at W.O.A.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Ornamental

1 Apr. 2006
On a holiday in my head
I'm told that in 2004 there was a ban on using cars after one had come to the camping grounds. That is, one could leave with the car, but forget about returning with it to the camp place.
Is this true?

If this is the way things are in Wackenland, i consider that as a way of saying FUCK OFF, and i'll do just that.
My earlier visits to WOA were extra cool because of the possibillity of travelling to places with pools, pizzerias and stuff.
Face it, there are bands playing daytime that's not of interest to each and everyone. That's time better spent in a pool. After all, WOA are happening during the holidays of many, and having a draconian regime regarding use of cars is not very friendly.

Am i forced to either stay at the camping place, or have to park my car somewhere in the streets of Wacken, then i won't bother with Wacken.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
your english is bad :p

but do you mean

bring a car
set up a camp
do the usual WACKEN things like drink
..and not have the car near your tent?

MetalCommando

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net
Do NOT come to Wacken. Seriously, there are enough morons as it is, and you'll just be one fucking more.
Alternatively, learn how to fucking read, all the information you need is on this very fucking site, including regarding parking.

I have not missed a Wacken in the past 7 years, and never have I heard of something as idiotic as a ban on cars, in a place that has as main accomoodation a series of campsites.

Frankly, you seem like too much of whiner, so please stay the fuck away from our festival

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Ornamental schrieb:
I'm told that in 2004 there was a ban on using cars after one had come to the camping grounds. That is, one could leave with the car, but forget about returning with it to the camp place.
Is this true?

If this is the way things are in Wackenland, i consider that as a way of saying FUCK OFF, and i'll do just that.
My earlier visits to WOA were extra cool because of the possibillity of travelling to places with pools, pizzerias and stuff.
Face it, there are bands playing daytime that's not of interest to each and everyone. That's time better spent in a pool. After all, WOA are happening during the holidays of many, and having a draconian regime regarding use of cars is not very friendly.

Am i forced to either stay at the camping place, or have to park my car somewhere in the streets of Wacken, then i won't bother with Wacken.
Ga fietsen. Meteen 2 problemen opgelost!!!

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Ornamental schrieb:

FUCKING WALK!

seriously, everyone else does...i've done it, it's not that hard. it's healthy too!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

catlash

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
Yeah, that's one beef I have about Tulsa. The people that DO walk think it is only for excersize, to be done around a park walk path only. most don't and will moan a blue streak when with me and I park in the farther reaches of a parking lot! not to mention Tulsa never was a pedestrian friendly city. drivers here are not nice to their own kind-you think theywill obey the right of way of a pedestrian?? At least 3 people get killed a year here simply for crossing the road-AT CROSSWALKS EVEN! LOL!

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Ornamental schrieb:
Is this true?

Yes. It is new rule Number 47 on the Wacken Law List, right between "Your dog will be shot if it hasn't got any tattoes" and "No parking refund if you miss the Mambo Kurt gig". Go to www.I-click-on-everything-that-might-be-a-link.com