The Small World Project

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
hey there friends from abroad,
please don´t wonder if you get an email from me /The Small World project where you are told to help me finding a target person :D

Obviously I was just bored and so I participated in this project, but actually I think its quite interesting:
http://smallworld.columbia.edu
in short, its just a project which tries to proof the theory that every person in the world is connected via "six degrees of separation"
so please try to help me if you get one of those mails :D
thx ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Because I' bored to death right now, I've just signed up :)

I gave them this e-mail pablo_vm@hotmail.com and they have given me as a target a guy from Philippines who has never went out of that country. I don't have a clue about who knows something who has been in that country on holidays, or any kind of info about it :confused:

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
LOL
dunno if they tell the persons what you´ve clicked - but I guess I clicked "yes" all the time :D

I have to find a lady in the USA, btw :D
seems rather easy...
so I chose one more...
and this is a girl from Singapore who´s hobby is postcard collecting :D :rolleyes: :D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
and I won´t help you with your Philippine guy, I guess YOU have to think about who could be helpful in this case :D

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Hey Luci!!!

I just did my part of the job ;)

I guess this is not going to be so difficult. I sent an e-mail to a little friend of mine in the States. Let's see what happens.

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Lucretia
and I won´t help you with your Philippine guy, I guess YOU have to think about who could be helpful in this case :D

I've already sent a message, and I've asked for another target. This is a girl from the states. Let's see what happens :rolleyes:

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
By the way, I once saw a website which found the connection between any actor/actress of the world and Kevin Bacon, in less than 3 steps :)

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Rosk
Hey Luci!!!

I just did my part of the job ;)

I guess this is not going to be so difficult. I sent an e-mail to a little friend of mine in the States. Let's see what happens.

hey, thanks, Roski! :)
I just bothered a lot of people with e-mails, I also think it can´t be too difficult :D
I just have to get the mails to USA and then let´s see :D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
One question, Britta: let's suppose I send you an e-mail. Would you know if I would be comfortable lending money to you? :D

hey Pablo,

could you please just try it? Sending me one of those mails I mean? I´m curious how they look like :D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Carpathian_Wolf
I dont think i got one! :confused:

no - until now I´ve sent the mails only to people who either live in the USA, have lived or been there or most likely know people over there. And I´m not ready yet with sending mails anyway :D

Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
Done! :D

ah, thanks, cool! :)
It doesn´t say anything about if you´d lend me money, btw :D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
LOOOL :D
hahaha
no, sorry - iut just says "Dear Britta Hackenberger ,

Pablo Villanueva has chosen you as the next link
in our Small World Experiment at Columbia University.

----------------------
Here's a message from Pablo ....
----------------------

We are testing the idea that everyone in the world
can be reached through a short chain of social acquaintances.
Your objective is to use your social connections
to move a message "closer" to a particular "target" person.

To continue your chain, click:... "
and so on ...

and it was NOT recognized as spam by my spam filter :)