THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Carpathian_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
If you are not going to take the Ryanair bus to Hamburg, then you will need to get a bus to the station which should pick you up outside the airport and take you there. Then the tran station is about two minutes away (there should be signs pointing to where it is).

Then take a train from Lubeck to Hamburg Hautbahnhof (Spelling?? :p) which is the main station in Hamburg. Should be about under 10 euros if I remember correctly.

Zombified has explained the rest so you should be fine, Get the Ryanair bus though as Its a lot easier and one other thing I will add for when you coming back to Lubeck

Be on time for the ryanair bus and it is very advisable to get there a hour or hour or half so that you know you are there. Dont get there till the last minute as you will be screwed and miss it. Believe me this happened to me in 2003 and it isnt nice whatsoever being stuck especially when you have no cash to pay for your missed flight!!

But Im sure that wont happen to you. Im doing the infamous ryanair job this year again..somebody have a credit card handy in case I get stuck again :p:p:p

:D

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
thanks. I'll add that in. don't worry. you'll get credit ;)

does the Ryanair Bus from Lübeck take you directly to Hamburg ZOB or do you have to stop at Hamburg Airport?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
The ryanair bus takes you all the way to the ZOB without any stops. Its not a regular bus though as it runs in conjunction with the flights so theres probably about 3 buses a day rather than one every so often like I found out :p

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Carpathian_Wolf schrieb:
The ryanair bus takes you all the way to the ZOB without any stops. Its not a regular bus though as it runs in conjunction with the flights so theres probably about 3 buses a day rather than one every so often like I found out :p

The bus I went on had to stop once before Hamburg, since one of the other Swedes on the bus had to take a piss, he had finished so many beers on the plane...

For once in my life I was ashamed of being a Swede when it involved drinking :D

But this thread is an excellent idea!!
Lets try and re-use it next year too :)

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
gnoff schrieb:
The bus I went on had to stop once before Hamburg, since one of the other Swedes on the bus had to take a piss, he had finished so many beers on the plane...

For once in my life I was ashamed of being a Swede when it involved drinking :D

But this thread is an excellent idea!!
Lets try and re-use it next year too :)

And i was ashamed of getting stuck there, but..:confused:.....I dunno...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
hell -an useful thread, started by Zombi! :eek: Are you OK, Zombi? I´m afraid I didn´t give you enough beer at Hurricane :o :eek:

anyway, some additional info you might want to put in the 1st posting:
For those who want to know it all in detail: www.hvv.de is the website where you can find all Hamburg bus, subway and s-bahn schedules. NOT those expensive airport shuttles though, they are run by Jasper as you can see at www.jasper-hamburg.de
Such Airport Express busses from airport to Altona had been there, but afaik they stopped running them some time ago.

So the way to go is by normal HVV bus /train to Altona: For example, take bus 26 to Alsterdorf, there change to subway "U1" and go to Jungfernstieg. Here change into S 1 and get off at Altona. Trip takes about 45 mins.

Also, there´s another option to get from hamburg to Wacken:
Remedy Records is organizing shuttle busses too. They are going from Subway Holstenstrasse (one station before Altona - again, check www.hvv.de for schedules) directly to Wacken festival area. Those shuttle busses make sense if you are staying in Hamburg for some days before Wacken. Its better to book the ticket in advance, and you might want to stop by at Remedy anyway and buy CDs and stuff. Booking the ticket one or two days before the festival should be OK. For details and reservation, check out www.remedy-records.de

I know that this info is also available at the WOA homepage, but lets make this thread as complete as possible for all the ppl who aren´t able to read :D

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Lucretia schrieb:
Also, there´s another option to get from hamburg to Wacken:
Remedy Records is organizing shuttle busses too. They are going from Subway Holstenstrasse (one station before Altona - again, check www.hvv.de for schedules) directly to Wacken festival area. Those shuttle busses make sense if you are staying in Hamburg for some days before Wacken. Its better to book the ticket in advance, and you might want to stop by at Remedy anyway and buy CDs and stuff. Booking the ticket one or two days before the festival should be OK. For details and reservation, check out www.remedy-records.de

I know that this info is also available at the WOA homepage, but lets make this thread as complete as possible for all the ppl who aren´t able to read :D

Do we really have to include crap from Remedy Records?