The New Metallica Album

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

^witchfinder^

W:O:A Metalhead
well in case anyone was wondering the new Metallica album is crap (ok a bit harsh maybe after only one listen) but i was hoping for more , it is heavier than the last two but really i am dissapointed

and yes before you all ask i do have the FULL RETAIL CD and no i wont say how or where i got it ;)

Carpathian_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Ive heard reports that it is fairly shite....:(

They did do a suprise show at the download fest tho i went just for maiden and heard the rumors about them playing and then i found out they did and played all their old fucking stuff! :mad:

Supercharger

26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Goddamn it..they finally released a much harsher and heaver album, they finnaly found their balls again and still you're complaining. You can say of St Anger what you want, but it's not commercial. Damn do you want them to do the same recycling trick as Iron Maiden and Manowar releasing album after album with the some old stuff under a diffirent name?

DapperDanMan

10 Mai 2003
I don't have the album yet, but I can say that this new (jail) video/song (dunno the title now) sucks BIG TIME!!

Btw. Whats this hetfield cap about anyway...? Are they tryin to fit into this new metal crap or what? And whats Lars doin? Tryin to spit his tongue out?! :D

that makes me fart!!

Anyways as I said I haven't heard the album yet so this is just relating to this single song.

^witchfinder^

Quote "Anyways as I said I haven't heard the album yet"

well dont expect too much ....maybe i was expecting too much

@ Supercharger yeah it is heavier than the last the two albums but that aint really saying much and whats with the awful drum sound it sounds like Lars is playing on a couple of pots and pans and the f**king terrible lyrics

terrible lyric example from the track Frantic "Fran.....tick tick tick tick tick tock hahahaha W.T.F ! is that

nope sorry this was there last chance to impress and they failed big time :(
but it is not all bad news the one good thing is that if you have the chance to see them live this year it may be worth it becouse they seem to be playing a lot of older stuff

St. Anger

17 Apr. 2003
Duisburg-Rheinhausen
Website besuchen
Okay, once I loved those guys, they were the fucking best band on earth... but what has happened to these gods of metal? Kidnapped by aliens? Where are they? You can't tell me, that these freakin' guys playing on this album are Metallica! It sounds like a mixture of S.o.a.D, Disturbed and all the other NewMetal crap (sorry, but that's my opinion), though they are a bit heavier than they were the last 2 albums. I'm really disappointed about this... That ain't the Metallica I used to know. But hey, things change... If they go NewMetal, I'll go turn my back on them!

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I'm listening the new cd at the moment for the first time and it's not that bad at all. Sure it's different than their old stuff and it has some new metal elements in it, but hey, I also like some nu-metal stuff, so that's no problem for me:):p
and it's definitely not nu-metal. it's fast and hard. I only miss some solo's.

Maybe it's me but it seems that Metallica has become a totally not done band (just like CoF). if you are metal you don't like Metallica and Cradle because they aren't true anymore and Slayer rules over all! and everyone agreeds because everone says so...

Supercharger

26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
yes Iscariot understands it..if Metallica would make a re-make of Master of puppets or Ride the lightning everyone would complain they're suffering from a lack of creativity. Well metallica does whatever they fuckin' want, so complaining about it doesn't make much sense