The New Metallica Album

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von ^witchfinder^, 03. Juni 2003.

1. ^witchfinder^

^witchfinder^ W:O:A Metalhead

well in case anyone was wondering the new Metallica album is crap (ok a bit harsh maybe after only one listen) but i was hoping for more , it is heavier than the last two but really i am dissapointed

and yes before you all ask i do have the FULL RETAIL CD and no i wont say how or where i got it ;)

2. Carpathian_Wolf

Carpathian_Wolf W:O:A Metalmaster

Ive heard reports that it is fairly shite....:(

They did do a suprise show at the download fest tho i went just for maiden and heard the rumors about them playing and then i found out they did and played all their old fucking stuff! :mad:

3. ^witchfinder^

SHIT that sucks ...well i have a bootleg from there show at the Fillmore at the end of last month and they played a lot of old stuff ....so it may be worth going to see them at Leeds/Wetherby in August

4. Carpathian_Wolf

Ill be at that gig in leeds i think some of us are just going up for the friday :)

5. ^witchfinder^

yup IF i go i will just go to see Metallica on the friday ...a bit expensive at 40 quid for one day though

6. ^witchfinder^

Are you into Children Of Bodom ? did you go to there gig at Sheffield ? it was fucking amazing

7. Carpathian_Wolf

i am! and i didnt! due to lack of cash! :eek:

I was well gutted! :eek:

8. mugabe

mugabe W:O:A Metalhead

9. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

Goddamn it..they finally released a much harsher and heaver album, they finnaly found their balls again and still you're complaining. You can say of St Anger what you want, but it's not commercial. Damn do you want them to do the same recycling trick as Iron Maiden and Manowar releasing album after album with the some old stuff under a diffirent name?

10. Immo

Immo Newbie

It's not because it's harder that it's good.

I'm personally very disappointed about it, don't like a single track atm...

But oh well, Everybody's got their own taste I guess

11. DapperDanMan

DapperDanMan W:O:A Metalhead

I don't have the album yet, but I can say that this new (jail) video/song (dunno the title now) sucks BIG TIME!!

Btw. Whats this hetfield cap about anyway...? Are they tryin to fit into this new metal crap or what? And whats Lars doin? Tryin to spit his tongue out?! :D

that makes me fart!!

Anyways as I said I haven't heard the album yet so this is just relating to this single song.

12. ^witchfinder^

Quote "Anyways as I said I haven't heard the album yet"

well dont expect too much ....maybe i was expecting too much

@ Supercharger yeah it is heavier than the last the two albums but that aint really saying much and whats with the awful drum sound it sounds like Lars is playing on a couple of pots and pans and the f**king terrible lyrics

terrible lyric example from the track Frantic "Fran.....tick tick tick tick tick tock hahahaha W.T.F ! is that

nope sorry this was there last chance to impress and they failed big time :(
    but it is not all bad news the one good thing is that if you have the chance to see them live this year it may be worth it becouse they seem to be playing a lot of older stuff

13. St. Anger

St. Anger W:O:A Metalhead

Okay, once I loved those guys, they were the fucking best band on earth... but what has happened to these gods of metal? Kidnapped by aliens? Where are they? You can't tell me, that these freakin' guys playing on this album are Metallica! It sounds like a mixture of S.o.a.D, Disturbed and all the other NewMetal crap (sorry, but that's my opinion), though they are a bit heavier than they were the last 2 albums. I'm really disappointed about this... That ain't the Metallica I used to know. But hey, things change... If they go NewMetal, I'll go turn my back on them!

14. Iscariot

Iscariot W:O:A Metalhead

I'm listening the new cd at the moment for the first time and it's not that bad at all. Sure it's different than their old stuff and it has some new metal elements in it, but hey, I also like some nu-metal stuff, so that's no problem for me:):p
    and it's definitely not nu-metal. it's fast and hard. I only miss some solo's.

Maybe it's me but it seems that Metallica has become a totally not done band (just like CoF). if you are metal you don't like Metallica and Cradle because they aren't true anymore and Slayer rules over all! and everyone agreeds because everone says so...

15. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

yes Iscariot understands it..if Metallica would make a re-make of Master of puppets or Ride the lightning everyone would complain they're suffering from a lack of creativity. Well metallica does whatever they fuckin' want, so complaining about it doesn't make much sense

Diese Seite empfehlen