The N.W.O.B.H.M Thead!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

ValdrGalga

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Apr. 2003
hmmm....serious question? :) Well, I would place the Irons on first place of course, and directly after them Saxon...

Metalsulm

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Well, There are a few more:

JUDAS PRIEST (even if they were there before the NWOBHM)

MOTÖRHEAD (even if they were there before the NWOBHM)

DEMON

DEF LEPPARD

SAMSON

PRAYING MANTIS

ANGEL WITCH

MSG (even if Michael´s a German)

and some Bands, that were not from Britain, like

KROKUS,
SCORPIONS (even if they were there before the NWOBHM)
ACCEPT

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
oooh, how'd I miss this thread?

Maiden, Saxon, and (OLD) Def Lep are pretty obvious choices. But aside from them, I'd pick the almighty fuckin' RAVEN!!! They were playing weird rhythms fast as fuck long before the "technical thrash" movement was even a glimmer in Chuck Schuldiner's eye. I've been trying to learn "Faster than the Speed of Light" on guitar...talk about a bitch and a half!

And even though those bastards are well into their 40s/50s, they still put on one of the best shows I've ever seen a few years back. What a great band!

Then there's fuckin' Angel Witch, Satan, Demon, Trespass, Witchfinder General, Savage, Holocaust, Jaguar ("Axe Crazy" kills!!! fuckin' brutal for '82!)...ah, so many good bands, I love that whole era! Even a lot of the more obscure bands, like Le Griffe, Warrior (the "Breakout EP" one), Hollow Ground, etc. Too bad the damn records are so expensive now! :(

Oh yeah, SOLDIER...the singer used to post here, then disappeared. I'd only ever heard one song before, but then he sent me a CD-R of the rest of their stuff...damn good!

on a side note, are any of the Demon albums after "Unexpected Guest" worth looking into? I avoided them just becasue of what people told me (I like my metal HEAVY...I have a low tolerance for prog noodling, lol!)

@Wolf: Hey, don't lose hope yet! The nation that invented heavy metal surely has some chance of redemption! :D

SWAMPIG

14 Dez. 2002
Blackburn UK
www.geocities.com
Soldier

Hey warthog Im Still around!!!! the EP is due out any day now and weve been rehearsing like fuck we have also got some old material to release and will be recording an album How the hell are you? Keep The Faith
Gaz

Records too expensive? you should see the prices over here!! Ill send you a copy of Infantrycide FOC!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: