The big In flames thread

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Iscariot, 12. Oktober 2002.

1. Iscariot

Iscariot W:O:A Metalhead

Yes, it's time for me to open a new thread.
    And this thread is only about that I was at the In flames, Soilwork and Pain concert yesterday and it was fucking great!!
    I know more people are going to this concert in the tour or have already been there so here is a little review for the people who are interested in it.
    Pain was the first band, it sounded nice but it's abit thesame. And the voice of the singer was awfull imo:)
    Soilwork did a good gig, very enthousiastic. too short if you ask me:)
    And well, In flames was the band. Great armosphere. good sound, white clothes:s(how untrue:p) I was affraid they would play a lot songs of the new album but They only played 5 or something, for the rest the old stuff and even some songs of Whoracle and the Jester race I haven't seen them play before. it's my fourth time I saw them and I still think they kick ass Live

2. Lord Horb

Lord Horb W:O:A Metalhead

I will not go to that tour because Soilwork and In Flames sucked really bad lately, imo! Plus I saw Pain last weekend with Tiamat, and that is the better package for me!

but I'm glad that you lil poser had fun anyway ;):D

*slaps the ghost of the flying uhm, posing dutchman* :D:D:D

3. xpet

xpet W:O:A Metalhead

nothing to add to Iscariots post! But, I´m wondering why Soilwork played as 1st band here and Pain as the 2nd...
    Anyway, it was just AWESOME!! :) :)
    was also a bit worried, cos I didn´t like the new album that much... but... strange... now I really love it! :)

4. ^witchfinder^

^witchfinder^ W:O:A Metalhead

the new In Flames cd is a great album
    i would go see them live if only they played more than one f**king show here in the U.K
    wish bands would not just play in London

5. Iscariot

Iscariot W:O:A Metalhead

@xpet: maybe it has to do with the musical preferences of the Germans compared with the Dutch. Is Pain more popular there? (I never heard of it before, but maybe that is because I'm a poser, right Horb?:D *slaps Lord Horb for you know what*:))

The new album of Inflames is very different but Live the new songs do sounds really good. And the album isn't that bad actually. I also like it.

But I know, In flames isn't true anymore these days..but hey,me neither!:D

6. NordicRage

NordicRage Newbie

The new Flames-album sux:ed bigtime. I used to be a big fan, but man.. all the songs sounded neo-metal och all sounded the same. Maybe i´ve gone to become a more death-listener or something, but reroute to remain sux:ed.

Soilwork isnt one of my fav either, but they have some golden hits.. hehe.. Chainheart machine for example.. Like a fist in ur face and smashing all the way throught.. great song.

Pain sux.. hehe (lot of critics here now).

Im gonna go on Dark Tranquillity's next concert in protest against in flames. Tranquillity releazed a great new album and they didn't and wont change their style to suit the market.

7. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight W:O:A Metalmaster

I am going to go see In Flames the 31st in Gothenburg
    and 4th of december kt is Dark Tranquillity

Oh :D Both bands come from Gothenburg :D Hehe!

8. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

Soilwork is a great band..in flames too...would love to see Dark tranquility live :D

9. Lord Horb

Lord Horb W:O:A Metalhead

you are so very right man! completely agree with this part of your post!!!
    Chainheart Machine and Steelbath Suicide from Soilwork really rocked, all the later albums were not as good at all!

the rest you said is crap but that's ok, I don't mind.. at least you're not such a poser like Iscaribaby :D:D:D

*slaps our lil baby around*

10. Supercharger

Supercharger W:O:A Metalmaster

Well I do think the later albums by Soilwork are great yes..but yes I do prefer The chainheart machine..it's pure fuckin' agression :D

11. Lordwalter

Lordwalter W:O:A Metalhead

Hello!

I saw IN FLAMES las Saturday and I was very happy with the gig.
    The first Band was SOILWORK, and although they had some problems with the sound at the beginning, they convinced a lot of people.
    PAIN was good too. I personally don´t like their music, but it was OK. Some passages sound heavy, so I think it was OK.
    But IN FLAMES were not OK. THEY WHERE EXCELENT!!! I have the Setlist at home, so tomorrow I will pass you the exact Setlist. The sound was great and Anders Friden was extraordinary!

I like the last CD very much. But I also like DARK TRANQUILITY as well. Both Bands are great and I don´t see a reason for loving the ones OR the others? Why can´t we like the ones AND the others?

See you!

12. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight W:O:A Metalmaster

You remember the setlists?

Nice!

13. xpet

xpet W:O:A Metalhead

I AGREE 100 % !!! :) :)

14. Lordwalter

Lordwalter W:O:A Metalhead

Hello again!

No, I can´t remember the whole setlist because I don´t need to do this!!! he he he he he he!!
    They threw the setlist to the crowd. And I was the first guy right in the center. So I was in file number 1 at the best position, right in front of Anders Friden. So, it was easy for me to catch the setlist!! And as you already know, mighty Fallen_Knight, I´m 190cms tall!!!!! he he he he he!!

Well, I have to admit, that I´m a lucky person! I was able to bring something from every concert I visited in my life. At least, 95% of them. For example: I have Mikkey Dee´s (MOTÖRHEAD) stcik, or Tarja Turunen´s (NIGHTWISH) towel, and so on.

@Xpet: I´m sure that the other guys like both bands also.

See you!

15. Sodomy&Lust

Sodomy&Lust W:O:A Metalmaster

Next week you'll have here another review, although I think it will be very similar to the other ones (I hope so!! :))

Diese Seite empfehlen