The Alternatives to Bush...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by monochrom
...or the democratic presidential candidates. What are they like - warthog, konstrukt, loose cannon, tell us about the guys who possibly save the world from another four years of Bush.

Personally, from what I've been reading, I'm favouring Wesley Clarke. Most of what he says makes sense. Has he any chance? Or is it gonna be that Dean-dude?

Wow, I'll second what LXE said - most Americans I know couldn't be motivated to give a shit. :D Which is part of the problem, of course...

Right now, I'm for whatever candidate has the best chance of dethroning Bush. And that appears to be Dean, because his campaign has the most momentum out of all the Democrats. The problem is that he has pretty much all but said that he is going to raise taxes, which was a key piece of Bush's demagoguery (never mind that Dean is right and we really DO need to raise taxes a bit to dig out of the deficit Bush has built up for us - Americans aren't known to be that forward-thinking). And he's also tainted by the fact that he's from Vermont, a notoriously liberal state (it was the first to allow gay marriages), and that's not going to win him any Republican friends - the crossover votes that a Democrat is going to need to topple Bush.

Clark is the one I'd like to win. He's the only one who I think has all the right punches to hit Bush where it hurts. He's a real military man, and that'll help him pry some military votes away from Bush. He has come out strong against the "war on terrorism" - not the fact that we went into Iraq, but the way we went about it. He wants to rebuild the relations we had in Europe that Bush ruined. One issue after another, I've yet to hear the man say something I don't agree with.

Though Mugabe's right - the fact that Clark is making the most sense means he probably won't win the nomination (especially since his campaign doesn't quite have as much steam yet as Dean's). In the 2000 election, my favorite candidate was John McCain, because he made the most sense, had the makings of a strong, positive leader, and had the most crossover support from both parties. Rather than pick a proven leader, look at the jackass the Republicans gave us instead.

Oh well, blablabla, there's my opinion. :)

calonderiel

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Jan. 2003
Near Paris, France
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Zarborg
I don't think a female president for 2004 is possible. Hilary Clinton is still too young. She'll be ready for the 2008 election. Personnaly, I think that Clark will not be too bad.

2008 will be for Arnold! By then the constitutionnal change to allow foreigner who have US nationality for more than 20 years will be passed... and Schwarzy's sure to get the biggest media coverage possible!

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
I don't know any of the candidates, so all I can say is

LISA SIMPSON FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

(Yes, it's a stupid post, but I think a female president would be great)
oprah - a smart black (woment) president...spike lee would be proud :D:D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by calonderiel
2008 will be for Arnold! By then the constitutionnal change to allow foreigner who have US nationality for more than 20 years will be passed... and Schwarzy's sure to get the biggest media coverage possible!

He would be right in line with the fine tradition of actors-turned-California-governors-turned-ineffective-Presidents. :D

Zarborg

W:O:A Metalhead
Originally posted by Supercharger
okey but who's the best president in US history?

Humm... Difficult choice, I like Jefferson and Licoln, but those are too classic answer. Anyway, I will say : Jefferson.

The worst will be Roosevelt, because he wan «take care of the french canadian problem», for use is own word. After that, they're more actor than president.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Supercharger
okey but who's the best president in US history?

that depends on who you ask. I'll go with the popular answer and say Abe Lincoln, since he got us through the Civil War. Or Franklin Roosevelt - the only President we elected 4 times!

You know, there's also the simple matter of Chief Tecumseh's Curse (http://www.democraticunderground.com/forum_archive_html/DCForumID40/10667.html), where every US president elected in a year ending in 0 since 1840 has died in office (except Reagan, who survived an assassination attempt). Who knows, Bush may be next...