Tents... and related camping things

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I'm in the process of shopping for a tent to bring to Wacken! In 2008, I brought a cheap one that I'd just purchased at a chain store (Walmart). Bad idea... :( It was very leaky in rain, provided NO actual shade from the sun, and forget about a cross-breeze (ventilation) while sitting inside - I just about cooked to death :o

Anyone have good suggestions of a festival tent that's a) not super heavy or bulky (coming from Canada!), b) decently waterproof, c) not too complex to set up, d) has decent shade / UV properties (so I don't cook this time around!), and e) provides some kind of cross-breeze (like a door on each end)?

Doesn't have to be for more than 2 people as I'm single (okay, maybe I'll make a special friend there, but I don't know that yet :p) and weird colours don't bother me. As long as it does the job properly!

Thanks guys :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I'm in the process of shopping for a tent to bring to Wacken! In 2008, I brought a cheap one that I'd just purchased at a chain store (Walmart). Bad idea... :( It was very leaky in rain, provided NO actual shade from the sun, and forget about a cross-breeze (ventilation) while sitting inside - I just about cooked to death :o

Anyone have good suggestions of a festival tent that's a) not super heavy or bulky (coming from Canada!), b) decently waterproof, c) not too complex to set up, d) has decent shade / UV properties (so I don't cook this time around!), and e) provides some kind of cross-breeze (like a door on each end)?

Doesn't have to be for more than 2 people as I'm single (okay, maybe I'll make a special friend there, but I don't know that yet :p) and weird colours don't bother me. As long as it does the job properly!

Try the new Wacken shop.
I've had one of those tents (shape etc) before, and it did its job for 7 years. (until it was 'worn out'.)
Advantage, no shipping, as you can pick it up over there.

But other suggestions are also welcome.

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Try the new Wacken shop.
I've had one of those tents (shape etc) before, and it did its job for 7 years. (until it was 'worn out'.)
Advantage, no shipping, as you can pick it up over there.

But other suggestions are also welcome.

That does seem like a good idea - thanks! Not having to carry the thing along with me would be ideal :)

At the same time, upon viewing those tents, the fact that they're black seems like a deterrent for someone not wishing to cook in the sun ;)

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008

this year will be my 4th time in wacken, I've always purchased my tent in Wallmart, and I haven't any problems with it.

This year is no the exception, but this year I get a special offer in Walmart, single tent + sleeping bag for $35 usd

The tents are easy to pack for the long travel, but after the festival, I left the tent in the garbage, not to charge back to Mexico

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
this year will be my 4th time in wacken, I've always purchased my tent in Wallmart, and I haven't any problems with it.

This year is no the exception, but this year I get a special offer in Walmart, single tent + sleeping bag for $35 usd

The tents are easy to pack for the long travel, but after the festival, I left the tent in the garbage, not to charge back to Mexico

That's a good deal!
Perhaps you're more tolerant of heat + sun than me ;)
I left mine behind after Wacken too, but now I feel bad to do something like that... and besides, I want to have something reliable I can use for other camping trips :)