Taxi to wacken?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Metal_Ste, 28. Juli 2005.

1. Metal_Ste

Metal_Ste W:O:A Metalhead

Ok I know a whole thread was specially created with details on how to get to the festival site. but. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on how much a taxi from lubeck straight to the site would cost approximately? as most of my group seem to want to take this option saying they think it will be around 60 euros? is this anywhere near? im not sure of the prices in germany for taxis but over here it would cost a lot more than that for 70 miles...

any help appreciated.

2. Kate McGee

Kate McGee W:O:A Metalgod

hmm.....might be close to what they really want you to pay for it.

But anyway.....you're paying so much for the flight and stuff.....who cares about a few more euros for the taxi to Wacken.

*just my opinion*

3. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

My guess would be that taxis in Germany are expensive. I'd say that it COULD cost about 100 €uros, but as I said, I don't know.

The train is a lot cheaper. From Hamburg (Hbf/Altona/Dammtor) you pay €9,70 for a one way trip (without IC) + €3,00 for the shuttle bus (one way).

Call a local taxi company I'd say.

4. Metal_Ste

hmm think i'll probably take the taxi, as
    with 4 in a taxi at 100 euros is 25 each, i think the extra 12.5 euros isn't too extortionate for all the messing around avoided and a shorter journey...

i'l take your advice I think and call a taxi company....how good english are they likely to speak before I call? lol

I really should have learnt some German but It was pretty much a last minute thing so I didn't have time :(

5. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

For the German, there is the "Der Sauerkraut-Thread" here in the international forum.

Most Europeans speak English. If you ask them if they do, they're most likely to say yes. That wouldn't be the biggest problem.

6. Kate McGee

Kate McGee W:O:A Metalgod

I guess it won't be that much of a problem. I think most German people understand at least a BIT of English. And I mean.......everybody who lives north of Hamburg ought to know about Wacken, especially Taxi people......
    if you take one of the major taxi companies, they really ought to speak a little bit of English. Which will be enough.

7. Metal_Ste

thanks for the help people! I'm new to this whole travelling game! i've never actually left the uk before! how deprived am i????!!!

8. Carpathian_Wolf

Carpathian_Wolf W:O:A Metalmaster

Dont you worry, im sure you will be fine :)

Diese Seite empfehlen