Special guests??

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I did my fair share of drinking at Wacken...I'm cursed with remembering EVERYTHING I do or see while drunk (even more so than when I'm sober! scary!)...and as any of you who have done something stupid while drunk (and that should be most of you) will know, there are some things you would much rather forget.

Regardless, the bands I did miss were due to running-order changes and not blessed alcohol! :mad:

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by FallOfSeraphs
Totally serious question - do you remember all of Wacken if you were drunk all the time? I didn't touch a drop of alcohol during the whole festival. I once got incredibly drunk at a gig and can't remember any of it, and I am really pissed off about that and I don't drink at gigs anymore.

Well I do remember most everything up to about 11 pm every night, but after that only bits and pieces.
But hey, my choise, right :)
I don't only go to Wacken for the music, I go for the party as well, even though some of the bands I missed piss me off that I drink so much...

FallOfSeraphs

20 Apr. 2002
UK
Website besuchen
Originally posted by gnoff

But hey, my choise, right :)
I don't only go to Wacken for the music, I go for the party as well, even though some of the bands I missed piss me off that I drink so much...

Sure! I just reckon that if I'm going all the way to Germany to see a load of bands, I don't want to be forgetting things. Maybe I'm just a geek, I'm just not there for the party. But of course, if you want to drink then great!

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I never said people that don't drink / don't get so drunk they don't remeber stuff / don't get shifaced at Wacken are geeks.

I know several people that never drink any alcohol what so ever and they are still the coolest people on the fucking planet.

Just up to each one which way to go I guess, and I did say once in a post that next year I would like to not drink so much so that I wouöd not mss so many bands...
But I also replied on that subject myself saying that I know me, and I always get too damn drunk :)

As long as I know what to expect, and I can deal with it, I hope that all the rest can feel the same way about their drinking, on or off Wacken :D

FallOfSeraphs

20 Apr. 2002
UK
Website besuchen
Originally posted by gnoff
I never said people that don't drink / don't get so drunk they don't remeber stuff / don't get shifaced at Wacken are geeks.

Nah, I threw that in myself :)

I don't drink at all, a decision I made recently. I'm not going to go into the reasons, I just decided to stop. But of course I have no problem with other people drinking, it's not as if I'm a militant Straight Edger! I only get pissed off if people start getting violent.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by FallOfSeraphs

I only get pissed off if people start getting violent.

Yeah, violent sucks!
Can't understand why some people keep drinking alcohl when all they do while drunk is fight...
Don't matter how much I drink, I'm always nice to people... (At least people tell me so the day after about the hours I don't remember)

JonB666

13 Apr. 2002
Liverpool,England
Website besuchen
Special Guest!!

The special guest was supposed to to be Saxon doing an acoustic set but they pulled out. I met a guy from Nottingham who was there signing bands and he saw them backstage.
That's what he told me anyway.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
so the mystery still remains...

Gnoff, you weren´t the guy camped in the forum camp, with medium-dark brown hair to your shoulders who was wearing nothing but shorts and boots the whole festival and was constantly covered in mud, would not speak but only grnted as you walked everywhere?

We named him ´mud monster´ whoever he was LOL

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by Brat

Gnoff, you weren´t the guy camped in the forum camp, with medium-dark brown hair to your shoulders who was wearing nothing but shorts and boots the whole festival and was constantly covered in mud, would not speak but only grnted as you walked everywhere?

LOL
:D

No, sorry, wasn't the gnoff :)

Actually I camped with the rest of the Sweden rock boys and girls, at camp site K.
And as far as I can remember I kept my clothes on during the entire Wacken ;)

How was Sweden by the way?
Did you go to Kelly's??
:)

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by Brat

That guy was right beside my tent, and yes, he was really scary. It looked like he was possessed by a evil spirit, specially when he started to grn and laugh, hehe.

Btw, Im the guy who asked if we could exchange a Wacken cup but all your cups were already packed.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Ah cool! Hey, when I get home, I´m sure to have spares, so maybe I can post you one!

gnoff, loved Sweden!!!!! even saw a wild moose and deer from the train coming back from Pitea!

We had hell our 1st 24 hrs in Sweden because Airfrance left our luggage on the tarmac (we saw it sitting there) and didn´t get it for 24 hrs, then my b/f starting throwing trantrums and the stress of day got to me and I passed out, so I didn´t make it. Really pissed off because we were staying about 3 streets away :(

Anyway, my b/f went and said it was awesome & the music ruled...double pissed off :(

Thanks for the tip!

Definitely have to go back to Sweden. And I loved Morifade...they were awesome live!