Some quesions about Wacken Open Air 07

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

ragnorok

19 Jan. 2007
BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
Since my friends and I are backpacking we are a little worried about leaving are belongings in our tents.. I mean wouldn't it just be an edicate, not to go in someone else's tent? But there still is that risk of someone coming in to take what they see?

Do you think we could leave our massive packs and everything inside the tent and feel ok about it as were in the festival?

main_unit

W:O:A Metalhead
6 Juli 2006
vlaardingen-netherlands
dont worry dude!
nobody will enter your tent,they will not steal your belongings
alltho my garden lantarns were missing after a night

just close your tent and it will all be save
you will notice how friendly the metalheads on the other side of the atlantic are
they will offer you beer n stuff!
just dont take it if they are dutch and you dont know where the beer comes from :D

SPUUGBIER!!!!

Suwarin

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Since my friends and I are backpacking we are a little worried about leaving are belongings in our tents.. I mean wouldn't it just be an edicate, not to go in someone else's tent? But there still is that risk of someone coming in to take what they see?

Do you think we could leave our massive packs and everything inside the tent and feel ok about it as were in the festival?

Don't worry generally there should be no problem...exept you got diamonds, gold, real estates or loads of beer on you...:D

Besides....where should they take it to??

Suwarin

26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
dont worry dude!
nobody will enter your tent,they will not steal your belongings
alltho my garden lantarns were missing after a night

just close your tent and it will all be save
you will notice how friendly the metalheads on the other side of the atlantic are
they will offer you beer n stuff!
just dont take it if they are dutch and you dont know where the beer comes from :D

SPUUGBIER!!!!
take it from the Dutch...try some nice german Beer...:D :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Oh god im stoked on life for the european brew :D :D :D :D

so out in germany do u guys have those MONSTER PINTS that are like 1.5 ltrs lol or maybe 2 (i dont know)? they look MASSIVE

For your personal belongings that you REALLY DON'T WANT TO LOOSE, there are also lockers which you can rent (during the festival)

About the beer, in Wacken, there are mugs of 1 Liter maximum (correct me if I'm wrong)

In the rest outside Wacken, don't know, with the exception of Munich in Bavaria, but that's considered a foreign country in Germany.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
...8-10 am because it gets very very hot inside the tents as soon as the sun is shining on them. Which is important to know if the weather is good and warm and you still want to get some sleep.

Yes, but also when raining most people get out of the tent to start drinking :)

Oh I can so remember my first Wacken, it was very sunny and very hot and impossible to stay inside the tent for more than 15 minutes, and then you were swetting worse than ni a suana :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Oh god im stoked on life for the european brew :D :D :D :D

so out in germany do u guys have those MONSTER PINTS that are like 1.5 ltrs lol or maybe 2 (i dont know)? they look MASSIVE

I'm going to Munich this summer, as far as I've heard it's hard to impossible to get a beer other than 1 liter, gonna be a hard week that :rolleyes:

But also like Quark said, these days they offer a 1 liter plastic glass at Wacken to buy your beer in. Though it's like a 4 euro pfand on them.

ragnorok

19 Jan. 2007
BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
1 liter i still a lot of beer at once. 4 euro a beer. holy hell. oh well i guess i was expecting something cheaper then that but thats almost a 8 dollar beer out here.

Thanks for the tip on the lockers thats a good idea.. cuz' there definitely will be some things that ill want securely put away.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
1 liter i still a lot of beer at once. 4 euro a beer. holy hell. oh well i guess i was expecting something cheaper then that but thats almost a 8 dollar beer out here.

Thanks for the tip on the lockers thats a good idea.. cuz' there definitely will be some things that ill want securely put away.

well...
The 4 euro is only pfand (deposit) for the mug itself, you get that back if you return it.
I think the beer for the liter version is at least 6 euro.

A cup of 30-40 centiliter beer at Wacken is 3.50 euro, plus the mug deposit of 1 euro, if I remember correctly.

But if you get the 1 lter glass with deposit, you'll have to pay at least 10 euro the first time.
Don't loose the mugs ;)

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Ragnarok,

Be prepared for chilly weather too - night times at Wacken 2005 were bloody freezing. Take a decent sleeping bag or you might freeze your nuts off.

I've invested in a quality sleeping bag for this year as I'm going to be in a tent this time. (was in a nice warm camper van last time).

Oh, and make sure you collect a full set of small Wacken beer mugs. I only collected 4 at Wacken '05. At the start I didn't realise that (a) you pay a 1 euro deposit on them and (b) they're a collector's item, so I didn't start collecting until too late.

And make sure you get one of those 1 litre monsters as well.

It might be a good idea to take one of those "wetsuit" beer can holders (don't know what you blokes call 'em, but they're called stubby holders here in Australia) so you keep your beers nice & cold - they don't appear to exist in Germany.