So...who kicked ass in WOA 2002?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Blackwizard69

W:O:A Metalhead
22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
For me definitely Immortal, Children of Bodom and (as always) Cannibal Corpse.

However, most memorable moment (by far) was Exodus opening with A Lesson in Violence.

Also Candlemass kicked serious ass and I was very impressed with Savatage as well.

How about you guys?

Onkel Pikk

22 Apr. 2002
Tartu, Estonia
pikk.pri.ee
For me the best were U.D.O. & B. Dickinson. Seems that these old dudes will never retire and that's great. I fucking enjoyed U.D.O. gig in the second line before the stage. INCREDIBLE!!!
Kreator was also great.

i'd have to agree with blackwizard69 on the first three bands mentioned but what about "Dying Fetus", "Criminal" and "Amon Amarth"!! Also, "Wizard" were amazing!

Stratovarious has already been confirmed for WOA14 but i didn't think much of Kotipelto this year. Anyone else?

holocaust

9 Jan. 2002
Fucking Belgium
www.asl.to
definitely when exodus opened with lesson in violence, that moment was undescribable!
Savatage and Chance
SCREAM FOR ME WACKEN! by BD
Blind Guardian (what a crowd!)
Rose Tattoo and how they played the crowd

negative points

UDO (had a fucking headache and he just didn't want to shut up, lol. Eventhough, I would have enjoyed it with all my heart if I didn't have that damned headache (german beer sucks!)
Children of Bodom (had great expectations for them live, but they just didn't cut it for me, sorry)
The technical dificulties during destruction

THE FUCKING LINE UP CHANGES !

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Of the bands I did get to see these kicked ass the most (in no order):

Bruce Dickinson
Pretty Maids
Dying Fetus
Amon Amarth
Hypocrisy

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Bands I saw and liked where

Blaze
In Extremo
Haggard
Kalmah
Green Carnation
Borknagar
CoB (haven't really payed attention to the gig, was to busy surviving in the crowd:p, but I saw them already at the Dynamo Festival where they ruled)
Blind Guardian (had a good view at the right of the stage)
Dornenreich
Hollenthon
and some others I don't remember now:)

jule

5 Aug. 2002
assistan
Website besuchen
NECROPHOBIC - woooaaaah!! what a surprise! i'd never thought that they'd be that good!!!

DESTRUCTION, AMON AMARTH, CANNIBAL CORPSE, VOMITORY, BORKNAGAR, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HYPOCRISY
kicked ass too

Skygge

10 Juli 2002
Blashyrkh
www.calaquendi.tk
Immortal was clearly the best concert from my point og view. You might have seen me there... I was standing in the front line waving a medium sized Norwegian flagg and a Damned In Black immortal banner when they did Damned in Black.

Borknagar was also great. I had lost all hope in ever seeing Colossus being breformed live when Simen went over to Dimmu Borgir.... I fucking scream out "Colossus!!!" when I heard the song starting. Vintersorg did a realy good job.... you could hear he was a bit nervous during the first few words, but after a while the vocals sounded GREAT (not as great as Simen's though)

I also quite enjoyed the My Dying Bride consert to... atleast wehn they did The Dreadful Hours.... GREAT

Haggard was also great, my favourite band, but the consert had too many problems... you would think they would give a band consisting of 16 members and a shitload og equiptment and instruments more than 1 hour to prepare... but no. The Sopranos micophone was all fucked up and the Onkel Tom consert totaly fucked thing more up as we could hear that consert loud as hell in the background.

And Blind Guardian was insane... Magnificent... with great light effects and fireworks... Nightfall, the lord of the rings... og yes... Blind Guardian put up a good show.

Other great bands where Children of Bodom, Kreator, Savatage (sat quite a distance outside the croud core, and enjoyed the music), Canibal Corpse (not one of my favourite band, but the headbanging factor was sky high, hehe) and Dragonlord (oh yes, I got one of the Dragonlord guitar plectres, hehe) and Green Carnation was also cool, even though I was just standing there waiting for the haggard consert... had never really heard them, but I liked it.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Well, it was a long trip, and these bands made it worth it:

Blaze (a surprise!)
Doro
Rose Tattoo (didn't know that guy could sing like that)
Children of Bodom (my expectations were high and they delivered...fuck yeah!)
Amon Amarth
Destruction (also one of the few German bands who kindly remembered that some people in the crowd don't speak German...)
Kreator
Blind Guardian (I was looking forward to them, but I did not expect them to kick THAT much ass)
MANOWAR!!! (oh wait, they weren't there, were they? never mind)
U.D.O. (I FINALLY got to see him!!! Hahahaha!)
Bruce Dickinson (always a great performer!)
Exodus (Brilliant comeback!)
Nuclear Assault (Sounded great!)
Savatage (didn't know they had a new singer? Oh well, they kicked ass!)

Also Borknagar, Immortal, Withering Surface, Stormwitch...damn, I don't think I saw a bad band the whole time! haha...

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
I liked Pungent Stench, My Dying Bride, Immortal and Heavenly.

BTW, how are you supposed to watch one band at 10 in the morning and another at 2:15 in the night? Especially when you get woken up at around 6 AM. I usually pass out around midnight, myself.

/mug