SO it'll be my first Wacken, Tips?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

elhuesos

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Mai 2007
Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
be sure to have your luggage with you, the airline lost mine and a friend's so I didn't have a jacket or a lognsleeve or a tent in the fisrt two days, I slept in the gras after two and a half days without sleeping.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
so if i bought some of the wacken beer to bring back to the states, how hard is that to do???? cause my mom was able to bring back some shot bottles of tequila back from mexico just fine.

Since you can't take it in your carry-on luggage you need to pack it into the check-in stuff.

I do it all the time, but make sure you pack it well, or suffer the wet and smelly items in your bag.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
be sure to have your luggage with you, the airline lost mine and a friend's so I didn't have a jacket or a lognsleeve or a tent in the fisrt two days, I slept in the gras after two and a half days without sleeping.

maybe a good idea to make a deal with someone on the forum, so you don't have to bring a tent yourself so you can't lose it?

bumpzilla

W:O:A Metalhead
Since you can't take it in your carry-on luggage you need to pack it into the check-in stuff.

I do it all the time, but make sure you pack it well, or suffer the wet and smelly items in your bag.
thanks for the tips, once i get moved to europe it wont be that big of a deal for me, but since i am still in the states right now, i will be making sure i pack really good. thanks once again.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
thanks for the tips, once i get moved to europe it wont be that big of a deal for me, but since i am still in the states right now, i will be making sure i pack really good. thanks once again.

I'm a bit of a fascist when it comes to packing beer for shipping or plane rides.

I wrap them individually in news paper and bubble wrap, then put them each in an individual cardboard box, like an empty milk carton or similar.
Then out a plastic bag outside of each small package.
Last put the boxes in the middle of the bag, surrounded by clothing.

So far it's worked very well.

Oh yeah, if possible, use a "hard top" bag and not a soft cloth one, it protects more against any force it suffers.

And no problem by the way, I take beer and some other alcoholic beverages very seriously.

:D