Sinnloss Verbotene sache, nonsense fobidden things

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sorrownator

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Aug. 2010
Hedwig-Holzbein
Just speaking for the sake of hearing his own voice!

:rolleyes:

No, he is right. There are tons of peolple every year who get mad because one security guy let them in with their tetra pack and the other one doesn't. There were always many missunderstandings, now you have a clear line: you can bring your Bottle from the full metal bag and thats it. No big discussion at tha gates. For me this is fine als long als everyone gets one of these bottles for free.

AJLö

30 Apr. 2014
Kleinbritanien
Not sure about that

Every year there are even more efforts to make sure that you are only able to buy drinks from inside the infield area, nothing to do with security/safety, all to do with maximising profits.

The full metal bag collapsible bottle can still be throw and as there is no such place as a risk-free festival!

Revalon

THAT GUY
27 Apr. 2007
Leverkusen
Every year there are even more efforts to make sure that you are only able to buy drinks from inside the infield area, nothing to do with security/safety, all to do with maximising profits.

The full metal bag collapsible bottle can still be throw and as there is no such place as a risk-free festival!

Well, as it seems, we now have drinkable water in the infield (not just some that you can drink, but some declared drinkable) for free. So I don't see the problem. Who wants to drink something else than water can take some on the still allowed ways or just buy it there.
I don't really see the problem as you get this bottle (1 liter) and can take the jars (1 liter) even without buying anything. Just give them the deposit (3€) and you get an empty one.

I don't really see the point of this discussion. Of course it may seem arbitrary what they do, but I don't think they are forced to let you take anything to the infield. You could also be restricted to the cups.

Can you tell me, considering that the bottle we get will endure the whole festival, what is so bad about it?
And can you tell me what is so bad about it if they want to make money with the festival? As I said, you get drinkable water for free in the infield. So it can't be that bad.

AJLö

30 Apr. 2014
Kleinbritanien
I don't really see the point of this discussion. Of course it may seem arbitrary what they do, but I don't think they are forced to let you take anything to the infield. You could also be restricted to the cups.

Can you tell me, considering that the bottle we get will endure the whole festival, what is so bad about it?
And can you tell me what is so bad about it if they want to make money with the festival? As I said, you get drinkable water for free in the infield. So it can't be that bad.

There are many discussions in here that have little or no point, what do you want, that noone speaks at all?

And there is making a profit, then there is profiteering!

Don't like it, don't read it... :rolleyes:

BastiSito

6 Juni 2010
Da hinten, wo es so riecht.
There are many discussions in here that have little or no point, what do you want, that noone speaks at all?

And there is making a profit, then there is profiteering!

Don't like it, don't read it... :rolleyes:

As I mentioned some days ago: Wacken is not a charity or non-profit organisation. They are bound to make a profit and it is their right to do so.

Admitted, one can argue how they archive their profits, but as long as it works (as in: people are coming and paying) they are doing it right. There were some things that didn't work out (the massively insane Wet-Tshirt-Contest). Didn't make enough profit - got kicked out.

AJLö

30 Apr. 2014
Kleinbritanien
No objection...

I have no objection to making a profit, it is the problem of how much the vendors/concessions charge that is a problem.

Of course they must make money, they are providing a service, as are all of the workers and sellers there, but I am sure that some are taking an advantage to rip people off.

Like someone said before, set a price limit for vital goods like water, all else is fair game!

:cool:

Revalon

THAT GUY
27 Apr. 2007
Leverkusen
I have no objection to making a profit, it is the problem of how much the vendors/concessions charge that is a problem.

Of course they must make money, they are providing a service, as are all of the workers and sellers there, but I am sure that some are taking an advantage to rip people off.

Like someone said before, set a price limit for vital goods like water, all else is fair game!

But water is for free. If you don't want some from the water stations, if you want the luxury of water from a bottle (poured into a cup of course) that's your decision. As long as we can get drinkable water for free, they could take 20€ for half a litre of bottled water, I couldn't care less - if people buy that and complain about the price, they only have themselves to blame.

OnkelTom79

17 Aug. 2007
Dänemark

So you want that the free water is not free anymore? More of a price limit than free is not possible. As well the beer vendors selling the PET water, assuming it is the same price as in the supermarket with max a small extra profit it should be Ok. What do you expect?

But you are excused, you are British.:D:ugly:

BastiSito

6 Juni 2010
Da hinten, wo es so riecht.

There is water for free - are you seriously proposing there should be a price-tag on it? Of course, you have to walk to the water station and get it yourself - the free water with no charge at all (and very clean and sanitary water, as there are a shitload of strict regulations on water quality in Germany).

AJLö

30 Apr. 2014
Kleinbritanien
fucking hell

you are all like a bunch of rabid dogs around a single bone!

I did not say that the free water should end, you dim fool, I said that for bottled water!

And I am only British by citizenship, not by birth, so keep your contempt for someone else.

p.s. this thread was/is about banned items, not the price or availability of water!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Revalon

THAT GUY
27 Apr. 2007
Leverkusen
you are all like a bunch of rabid dogs around a single bone!

I did not say that the free water should end, you dim fool, I said that for bottled water!

And I am only British by citizenship, not by birth, so keep your contempt for someone else.

p.s. this thread was/is about banned items, not the price or availability of water!

But why should there be a regulation for the price of luxury?
We have free water, and we have a bottle to fill with it.
The water they sell for 10€/liter is a luxury that you can buy, but you don't have to, as there is free water.

AJLö

30 Apr. 2014
Kleinbritanien
Ok, if you want a debate...

Some(many) people do not like drinking Fluoridated water, so bottled water is their only other option!

I do not per se know if Germany uses Fluoridation, but not all visitors will know it either and may assume that it is done!

Or even that they are paranoid about 'public' water...

Fuck this, I don't really care, I will be gaining fluid from bier mainly... So like I said, the thread is/was about banned items, not the price of water or how damned good your water is!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

OnkelTom79

17 Aug. 2007
Dänemark
Have a look in the news. It is saying you can get the normal water for 10€ the L and at the beer castles (whatever that is) the Wacken PET. It may be appropiate to ask how much that will cost, but nobody knows and can only guess.

If you than ask why you can buy PET ther but can't take it with you, read the previous arguments.

P.S. Football supporter? :D:ugly: