Reunite your good old bands

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
It's just that metal festivals in the States are either so disgustingly bad (Milwaukee Metalfest, NJ March Metal Meltdown) or so small (Powermad, Classic Metal Fest), that there's nothing here that compares to Wacken, or even comes close. If it wasn't worth all the expense it cost me last year, believe me, I wouldn't be doing it again. :D

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Piss poor organization, mainly. The first year I went to NJ Meltdown, they actually had one room divided by a curtain and stages on both sides of the curtain playing at the same time. Imagine if Wacken had bands playing on the Black Stage and the Metal Stage at the same time! Nocturnus and Virgin Steele were playing at the same time and both bands kept stopping because they couldn't hear where they were, haha.

Milwaukee and NJ Meltdown are also run by the same organizer - Jack Koshick. He screws over smaller bands, making them pay thousands of dollars for 20 minute sets at 10 in the morning when no one's there to see them anyway. That, and for wahtever reasons, headlining bands at his shows always seem to cancel with a week's notice or less. No band ever follows schedule - which resulted in Sentenced getting cut off one year because their set (the last of the night) went past the state curfew law, and the fire marshal stepped in to stop them.

And the sound at any of those shows is always awful. They use small convention centers rather than outdoor stage or theaters, which have concrete walls, and reverb terribly, so you can't hear a thing. I went to see Testament at one of his fests and the only reason I could tell they were playing "DNR" was by the rhythm... I couldn't hear the guitar at all!

I could go on for pages about why those festivals suck...but those are the main reasons.

People who complain about small things like running order changes at last year's Wacken have no idea how good they have it! :D