Question > Back pack or suitcase?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

alemarr

25 Aug. 2016
Hi, this year will be my first time in Wacken and I'm wondering whether to take a back pack or a suitcase.

I'd like to get some advice regarding this issue.

PS. I didn't see any thread about this, that's why I create this one.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I prefer to use a backpack. Even though I use both during my festival season. A backpack is easier on the fields. But then again, a suitcase can be rolled over the street, and is "lighter" to move. But once you reach the grass, it's a pain in the ass.

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Hi, this year will be my first time in Wacken and I'm wondering whether to take a back pack or a suitcase.

I'd like to get some advice regarding this issue.

PS. I didn't see any thread about this, that's why I create this one.

If it's anywhere near as muddy as the past two years, it'd be a pain in the ass trying to move your luggage at the camping grounds.

I definitely recommend a backbag. It's way easier to carry if it gets super muddy.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Back when I used public transport to go to the festival I used a suitcase which wasn't a problem.
But the last two years where so muddy... I would definitely go with a backpack.

luna.lunatik

16 Juli 2010
Oberbayern am Land :-D
First: sorry for my bad english...

If you use a suitcase, choose one with really big wheels (big means: at least 12 Centimeter/5 Inches Diameter), this work a little bit better, if the ground is muddy.

I use both, i have a backpack for clothing, personal stuff, sleeping bag,..., and a kind of suitcase/trolley for my tent, sleeping mattress, chair and the rest of camping gear.

alemarr

25 Aug. 2016
Thank you all for your replies! I will absolutely consider each one of them!

TheToecutter

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Jan. 2017
It's not going to be muddy this year though it's going to be glorious sunshine for the whole weekend!

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Since I travel abroad and don't just do camping festivals when I'm over there, I take a suitcase. I found one that's a backpack/suitcase hybrid, where it has back straps in the bottom pocket, plus wheels and a handle to drag it along. It's been a life-saver for the super muddy days, with that on my back and 'carry-on' on my front.