Question > Back pack or suitcase?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von alemarr, 27. April 2017.

1. alemarr

alemarr Newbie

Hi, this year will be my first time in Wacken and I'm wondering whether to take a back pack or a suitcase.

I'd like to get some advice regarding this issue.

PS. I didn't see any thread about this, that's why I create this one.

2. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

I prefer to use a backpack. Even though I use both during my festival season. A backpack is easier on the fields. But then again, a suitcase can be rolled over the street, and is "lighter" to move. But once you reach the grass, it's a pain in the ass.

3. Milkie

Milkie W:O:A Metalmaster

If it's anywhere near as muddy as the past two years, it'd be a pain in the ass trying to move your luggage at the camping grounds.

I definitely recommend a backbag. It's way easier to carry if it gets super muddy.

4. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

Back when I used public transport to go to the festival I used a suitcase which wasn't a problem.
    But the last two years where so muddy... I would definitely go with a backpack.

5. luna.lunatik

luna.lunatik W:O:A Metalmaster

First: sorry for my bad english...

If you use a suitcase, choose one with really big wheels (big means: at least 12 Centimeter/5 Inches Diameter), this work a little bit better, if the ground is muddy.

I use both, i have a backpack for clothing, personal stuff, sleeping bag,..., and a kind of suitcase/trolley for my tent, sleeping mattress, chair and the rest of camping gear.

6. alemarr

alemarr Newbie

Thank you all for your replies! I will absolutely consider each one of them!

7. TheToecutter

TheToecutter W:O:A Metalhead

It's not going to be muddy this year though it's going to be glorious sunshine for the whole weekend!

8. luna.lunatik

luna.lunatik W:O:A Metalmaster

Your word in Odins ear...

9. Alix

Alix W:O:A Metalmaster

Since I travel abroad and don't just do camping festivals when I'm over there, I take a suitcase. I found one that's a backpack/suitcase hybrid, where it has back straps in the bottom pocket, plus wheels and a handle to drag it along. It's been a life-saver for the super muddy days, with that on my back and 'carry-on' on my front.

Diese Seite empfehlen