Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TheToecutter

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Jan. 2017
Shit is the weather that bad there just now? My app says it OK, maybe a bit of rain next week.

TheToecutter

24 Jan. 2017
Yeah not bad at all. I would really rather not have to spend the whole weekend wearing my wellies. I had to do that at Donington last year and it totally fucked my feet :(

TheToecutter

24 Jan. 2017
Haha aye I think the past few years it would have been better wearing a pair of flippers and a snorkel for getting around the festival!

Man I'll be so pissed off it rains the whole weekend.

TheToecutter

24 Jan. 2017
Yeah well if people are constantly walking over it, it never gets a proper chance to dry out. All we can do is hope I suppose.

Trubozhop

17 Juli 2017
Thank you for answers!

So if I got everything right:
  • It is no problem to bring glassed beer in a car into camping grounds unofficially, problems could appear if I take it out of the car. ( I really don't want to brake the law or spoil campground, I just want my Flemish ale with me )
  • My folding 10cm blade non-automatic knife that can be opened with one hand is not welcomed in Germany.
  • Here is forecast I relay on. I even translated month and weekdays for you =). And that's why I'm pessimistic speaking about weather.
forecast.png

PopoMetal

8 Juni 2009
by the way slippers are bad when its raining heavily
you walk 3 meters and the slippers have been eaten by the mud and you can't find them again :)

regarding the glass I never had a problem with getting Some Whiskey/Rum in glass bottles as long as you:
- when initially moving it in keep it inside backpack or something
- keep the bottles in Camp
- don't walk around with the bottles but only use them to fill the drinks
- if inspected and bottle is mentioned react very calmly and say you use it responsibly only inside the tent to fill drinks or refill to plastic

Never had a problem all these years even had my backpack inspected twice when entering when I was at the NoCars campground the first years of the glasban and they let me in.

Inside the car its easier anyway as long as nothing is visible from the outside your car wont be checked they will basically only act against peoples who exaggerate like if you would come with open trailers full of visible glasbottles. That said I would still recommend minimizing your glas especially for beer take no glas as you can carry the cans around then but if you only have a few specialty brew stuff then its fine but there is no guarantee as the official stance is none allowed.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: Trubozhop

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thank you for answers!

• It is no problem to bring glassed beer in a car into camping grounds unofficially, problems could appear if I take it out of the car. ( I really don't want to brake the law or spoil campground, I just want my Flemish ale with me )
  • My folding 10cm blade non-automatic knife that can be opened with one hand is not welcomed in Germany.
  • Here is forecast I relay on. I even translated month and weekdays for you =). And that's why I'm pessimistic speaking about weather.
forecast.png
About the knife: I'd recommend an ordinary knife or a Swiss knife.

The weather forecast I see, predicts rain and showers the week BEFORE Wacken. But it should be dry again once it's starting.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thank you for answers!

forecast.png
That looks a lot worse than on the page i checked

yeah that forecast looks terrible. the 2 I use look a lot better.

Trubozhop

17 Juli 2017
Thank you all guys for your answers, you helped me a lot.
Looking forward to meet you all on Wacken grounds.