Press from the US

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metalion

12 Mai 2002
Norway
www.angelfire.com
I wish there was less Black Metal actually.... hehe! There is something about seing Black Metal bands in full corpse paint playing in the sun.... Black Metal is better inside in some clubs.... EXODUS is the perfect festival band!

Lord Horb

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Originally posted by Blizzard Beast
Are they done with the line up pretty much? Or will a few more confirmations show up in the coming weeks?
I think they're done mostly with the line up... a few more bands will be added, but not too many I guess!

Originally posted by Blizzard Beast
I wish there were more Black metal bands on the bill. On that stupid survey from last year, I mentioned "More BLACK" and do they listen? Nope!!!!!!!
there's quite some people wanting more black metal! especially since Holger said that there will be more black metal than last year... but, well, what black metal bands are there? Necrophobic (black/death), Eisregen (uhm every "true" black metal head is gonna kill me now lol) and Mörk Gryning. that's 3 out of ca. 60.
(at least I wouldn't know what other band in the billing would classify as black metal besides those three)

hmmm the question about the top 5 bands why I am going is difficult... but I would say

Necrophobic
Macabre (woohoo a US band ;))
Dying Fetus (woohoo another US band :D)
Green Carnation
Doro

but there's lots of other bands I wanna see real bad too. Lock Up, Dickinson, Eisregen, Dornenreich, Pungent Stench, Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth, and Exodus of course!

voice_of_hell

21 Feb. 2002
England
Website besuchen
Just a small point, Lord Horb you seem to miss out one of the main black metal bands playing at Wacken...Immortal!!And then of course Children of Bodom who some will say are black metal and with other great bands like you mention dying fetus and necrophobic Wacken will be great. Not forgetting Cannibal Corpse, Hypocrisy, Blind Guardian, Raven, Amon Amarth, Wacken will fucking rule!

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
hmm okay, I forgot to mention Immortal...
though they're as much black metal as Dimmu Borgir *cough cough*...
(I'm not saying they're bad bands but "black metal" is something different to me)

what band I really forgot is Sabbat!

about CoB.. I wouldn't say they're black metal... I think they're more melodic death metal like In Flames/Dark Tranquillity than black metal...

and yeah, Wacken is going to be awesome! no question about that!

VimFuego

22 Jan. 2002
Toronto, Canada
vimfuego.freeservers.com
horb,
are you aware that it's Sabbat from Japan. i was pretty let down, by that.
p.s. the list better not be complete......they've added too many useless bands lately!.....WTF is Thunderstone.....how embarassing

for an absolute Crushing bill they still need Enslaved, Entombed and Witchery

I think I will like this place!

I agree with a lot of what you all said.

Wacken WILL be great this year. 2000 and 2001 were fucking killer.

The line-up's at Wacken are very good I think. I have not yet been let down by a Wacken line up.

And IMMORTAL are my favourite BM band. Yes, they are Black Metal. Dimmu are NOT BM and they are not any any similar contests except both bands hail from Norway. Dimmu had a great album called Stormblast in the mid-90's that would be considered to be BM. This will be my 6th time seeing them Live.

Children of Bodom are great. I like the style they play and have seen them live one time and they kill.

Another band on the Wacken bill similar to COB are "Kalmah" from Finland. Check these dudes out! Music is like COB, but the vocals sound NOTHING like Alexi's, they are more in league with Incantation/Nile vocally! Can't wait to see Kalmah live at Wacken.

Are people from this forum planning a get together (drinking beer/cheers) while at Wacken 2002?

Thanks for everyone who replied to my thread!!1

Cheers

Blizz/Scott

KillerRiffs

3 März 2002
Connecticut, USA
www.geomancer.cjb.net
yeah

I just saw Immortal Saturday night with Manowar!
I had never heard them before, but I was totally impressed!
I'm looking forward to seeing them again at Wacken, plus I'm sure many other Euro-bands I haven't heard that I'm sure are awesome. Hmmmm....Why does it seem like all the good bands nowadays are European?? I think this answer goes deep......hehehe........
i'm pumped for Wacken!!!
...Dissapointed that I could have seen Opeth, In Flames, + Helloween last year, but didn't know of Wacken!! Oh well, nice lineup this year, can't wait to see Blind Guardian, Falconer, C.O.B.,
+ Immortal again!!

pat