Potential Disasters!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shiny

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Anyone in Wacken last year, will remember when the "security"
came out to push bales of straw into the festival area to soak
up the mud, wet , vomit and whatever.

I'm not saying that the straw didn't make the most excellent seat/bed in the whole of wacken but one thing did concern me........

There were hundreds of people sitting on the straw smoking!!
I just dont know how the whole place didn't catch fire!!!!!

I was just wondering were there any other risks around?:)

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
If I was allergic to that dust that comes from those bales of straw they thesleves would probably be very dangerous for me :)

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Shiny
There were hundreds of people sitting on the straw smoking!!
I just dont know how the whole place didn't catch fire!!!!!

Well, since the straw was full of soaked up moisture (from water, mud, vomit, piss, etc.), it would have made lousy kindling. Even in the heat of Saturday, it was still too soft and moist to ignite by a small casual spark, like ash from a cigarette. It was hardly brush fire material, thankfullly.

Now if the festival was bone dry with dust clouds swirling about, and there was still hay and people were still smoking....we'd have our very own hellfires raging! :D '

I was more worried about what bodily fluids lurked under the hay! Uuuurrrrghhh...

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Well, from time to time I was just too fucking tired and sat down on the straw...

It's not like I was very clean on saturday anyhow :)

Suwarin

26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Korn, Bier, Schnapps und Wein und wir hören unsere Leber schreien.....

[Korn being a high% Liquor....]
And really I wasn't that bad about the body fluids if you tend to stay out of the generally potential hazardous areas...