Playing Time

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
24 Mai 2006
Sydney, Australia
Hi all,

I am flying over from Australia on my first trip to Wacken which coincides with my trip to Europe and Emperor's possible last show.

Do you guys think 1hr to 1h 15 minutes is enough for major acts on the bill? Doesnt it seem a bit short. I would think 1.5 hours should be the minimum especially with some of the bigger acts (or those most anticipated), I would think. Maybe cut down on bands and have them play longer?

Any comments, opinions???

Anyway, hope to catch Morbid Angel at Planet music, Vienna on 14 th August as well.

Jose

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
To be honest all main stage bands get a minimum of 45 minutes, so it ensures all the bands get a decent enough set time. At the end of the day, its a festival and therefore has to cater for a different tastes more so than if you went to one of the bands gigs.

DaveIoC

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Juli 2006
Bristol, UK
www.myspace.com
If you enjoy a band, quite often you will think "hey, I wanted them to play longer!!" no matter how long the set is, so I guess they have to draw the line somewhere.

I think having more bands is best at festivals, because you do have to try and cater for everybody, and fitting in as many diverse bands as possible is the best way.