Pilgrims

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DarthWomble

1 Feb. 2007
London UK.
www.myspace.com
Greetings.

Right.. Preparing for my first outing to Wacken this year.

Here's the thing-
I've never had a passport- and hence, never stepped off this little island.

I am curious. What is the likelihood of the weather this year? How was it in '06?

I'm also considering travelling to Germany about a week early and spending a few days just toddling about and heading up north for the festival at the end of the week.. Stopping off at campsites for a night (we'll have tents anyway). Anyone recommend anywhere particularly on the route as a "must see" destination?

See you there. :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Greetings.

Right.. Preparing for my first outing to Wacken this year.

Here's the thing-
I've never had a passport- and hence, never stepped off this little island.

I am curious. What is the likelihood of the weather this year? How was it in '06?

I'm also considering travelling to Germany about a week early and spending a few days just toddling about and heading up north for the festival at the end of the week.. Stopping off at campsites for a night (we'll have tents anyway). Anyone recommend anywhere particularly on the route as a "must see" destination?

See you there. :)
Your ID card should suffice.

About your route, try to plan it, how are you travelling, by car, by plain, by train?
Then set your route to Wacken. Where do you want to go before W:O:A?

And then try to find places for the night.

DarthWomble

1 Feb. 2007
London UK.
www.myspace.com
Your ID card should suffice.

About your route, try to plan it, how are you travelling, by car, by plain, by train?
Then set your route to Wacken. Where do you want to go before W:O:A?

And then try to find places for the night.

Hmm. Id card? Don't have them here yet (UK).. Don't particularly want one either. I'm appling for a passport so it won't be a problem.

We're considering bringing a car/van over to the continent and driving up through Germany and ultimately heading towards Wacken.. should take a couple of days (leisurely pace). reckon we can make it back in a day or so...

Where do we want to go? that was the question.. whetehr anyone can suggest particularly nice places for an overnight stop off or good places to visit en route. I have no agenda.. as long as I'm in Wacken for the festival and petrol money holds out. haha!

No plans made yet anyway- it's just consideration as time off work needs to be booked for party members and all that.

So the weather is going to be unpredictable. noted. Will keep a keen eye on forecasts in teh runup. Cheers. :)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Well, what kind of places do you want to see? Beautiful nature? Big cities?

I guess Hamburg is worth a visit for everybody. I haven't been there for ages... But it'd actually take more than one day to catch a glimpse of what that city is like.

Well, what kind of places do you want to see? Beautiful nature? Big cities?

I guess Hamburg is worth a visit for everybody. I haven't been there for ages... But it'd actually take more than one day to catch a glimpse of what that city is like.

Yeah, I was actually reading up on all the things to do in Hamburg..it seems endless. After Wacken, I'm planning on staying for a few days in Hamburg or something, it seems like theres a lot to check out