parking close to venue

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von thphon, 10. Juli 2017.

1. thphon

thphon Newbie

Hi all,

I was only able to confirmed a few days ago that I can attend Wacken this year and it will be my first time there. Mi original plan was to get a room close to the venue and walk or at least close to a nearby town and use something from https://forum.wacken.com/threads/the-semi-definitive-guide-to-getting-to-wacken.122556/ but everything is sold out. So I'm thinking at this point I'll have to book a room in a town not so close by (I only see available places 30kms away or more) and rent a car to go back and forth.
    So my question is how easy is to park close(ish) to the venue. I couldn't find specifics from looking at the link above or using the search tool. I would appreciate if somebody can give me an idea of how much it costs and what to look for specifically, I'm ok with walking for a little while, I'm not expecting to find something very close at this point anyways.

Thanks in advance,
    Leo

2. Milkie

Milkie W:O:A Metalmaster

Is camping a no-no? That'd be so much easier.

3. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

the day parking is pretty far away from the festival site. there's pretty much no way to park close.
    There used to be a boatel, with a shuttlebus, but I can't find info on it, so I think it's not a thing anymore.

4. thphon

thphon Newbie

yeah, camping is a big no-no for me :)
    Don't want to worry about all that, I don't mind having to walk a while though

5. thphon

thphon Newbie

I see, that shuttle would've been perfect. But what's "pretty far away"? a couple of kms away? I can work with that. Do you have info about where the day parking is?

Thanks

6. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

The only thing I can think of, is trying to find a place in Itzehoe. But that'd mean, you have to buy a ticket for the shuttle bus every day for 4 days. A return ticket costs €10.
    Apparently there's a farmer who "rents" his place for parking, but I haven't got the faintest idea of what he's asking.
    Otherwise I'd suggest the parking lot at the big Edeka, but I reckon it'll be full as well.
    Near Itzehoe station is a parking house. And the timetable for the shuttle bus is online.

7. thphon

thphon Newbie

Oh I see, I read about Itzehoe but discarded it trying to find something closer. I'll check that again, thanks for the tip

8. agresionpower

if I'm not mistaken, the day parking is behind the farthest camping grounds. so that's ~1.5km

I think the shuttlebus from itzehoe might be a better idea indeed.

EDIT: looks like they're on a differend place now.
    In the lower left corner of the map http://www.wacken.com/fileadmin/user_upload/WOA2017-Camping-Site-Plan-170629.pdf

EDIT2: that's about 1.4km or 17 min walk to the festival area if you walk on the roads only, which is not possible: https://www.google.nl/maps/dir/54.0...9ddcd1!2m2!1d9.3488704!2d54.0253422!3e2?hl=en

9. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

And I made a mistake.

Shuttle bus isn't €10 a day, but "Round-trip fare is € 10.00 and can be used unboundedly."
    (Taken of the Festival ABC)

10. TheToecutter

TheToecutter W:O:A Metalhead

10 euro for unlimited journeys? That's really good.

11. thphon

thphon Newbie

12. thphon

thphon Newbie

forget that last post, didn't realize the post I took that from was updated a couple of months ago

13. agresionpower

Diese Seite empfehlen