Onkelz News

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offener Brief - O N K E L Z - final Statement! von wacken-holger on 04:57:02 at 15.08.2003
Wacken Open Air Festival - Headquarter
to:
Metalheads worldwide
<> The Spirit of Wacken!
Zunächst möchten wir uns nochmals bei Euch allen für die sensationelle ....and so on...
TRANSLATES AS

First we would like to thank you you again all for the sensational participation in the Wacken open air 2003. People, that was really fat. But that should not be the topic of this press release. It concerns to us today the Onkelz. We pursued your discussions in the guest book and at other places and we to have also your post office to this topic read. Also we made ourselves extensive for a long time and over your doubts and fears thoughts. Us it is to what a request, to you the following to be communicated and a still larger request that you understand, we to be said it wants: Your fears are unfounded As previously mentioned we know the Onkelz for many years at very close range, many concerts for them completed and on technical side cared for. We were partial over weeks with the Onkelz and thus also with their fans on "closest" area together and we can your fears not divide. In all these times we saw neither excesses, nor mass fights, still Nazi marching-up or such a thing. All at the most rock'n'roll typical hand mixture here and there, but gives it in Wacken probably. The Onkelz erspielt itself in the last 16 years an absolutely loyales Metalpublikum and the statement that still as much right potential under the Onkelzfans is to be found, is directly wrong. It does not tune simply and is unfortunately the media not in the situation to communicate this fact genuinely and adequately.

It makes now times more ago, if one can write things "badly" and exaggerations were always a completely important style means of the press. People, read nevertheless simply times a few article over you, the Metalgemeinschaft and which is partly written there in the daily papers over you - (excluded as admits with W:O:A reports). Highly on the Onkelz, those one counts gladly and unpunished always again a right problem andichten now can and already since it mile far from the reality far away. Differently said, we know the Onkelz personally and can you from own experience say that the press reports do not apply, or, if you this version rather is: If the reports would apply and we did not know it better, then we would not completely certainly have wanted the Onkelz and their fans on our Festival. Why should we want ourselves to versauen our image? Straight one after this mad Festival?! We could convince all critics after 2002 and become you also 2004 again this to prove. After 14 years should bring along for it this confidence, we do it also and count on you.
Therefore can assume that you that we know completely exactly, what we to do. The Onkelz will play 2004 (like already stress-free 1996) into Wacken, to it goes no way past and, it becoming Onkelz fan to come likewise the Metal fan is and for all a further ingenious opportunity will be to practice to tolerance and diminish prejudices and we can you now prophesy that it will become a hammergeiles and ultrafriedliches Metalfestival. We will do and will expect everything for it this also from you. Eases you and stops believing everything what is written in the newspaper over the Onkelz.

Which concerns the ticket action in Hanover with the Stones, only as much: The Onkelz has to 08.08.03 on the Expo area in Hanover for the Rolling Stones opens. By the way a further sensational and peaceful concert, in whose apron there were again once the worst fears. However, the Onkelz needed there in Hanover naturally, more than otherwise even, the support of its fans, since one had to assume the Stonesfans would not receive the Onkelz straight with open arms. Due to that horrend expensive ticket prices (approx. 100,-?), naturally only the few Onkelzfans to afford knew, promised the Onkelz their fans, that would be with the Stoneskonzert thereby, a free entrance to an open air concert in 2004, thus W:O:A. We found the idea so good and support worth as well as should this also times a suggestion for other "large" volume be and/or. we would wish ourselves it that they do more there for their fans. Which we also with all other volume gladly would support.
There we wanted to book the Onkelz anyway for our Jubilaeumsfestival 2004 that we said, "continue to go through we". That was the reason, why many Onkelzfans, to 08.08 in Hanover thereby was, its Stones ticket, the Onkelz Gig (and also only there, on this day at a certain time), against a Wacken 2004 ticket to right after exchange could.

However this action was financed completely alone of the Onkelz for its fans as thanks beautiful for the Stones support. We were to be ensured only locally around the smooth operational sequence also, there it around our Festival went as well as also stated we that 1/3 the Onkelz fans are in Hanover W:O:A also of many years fan and already 1996 with the 1. Onkelz concert in Wacken thereby were. We even generally give no complimentary tickets (as also well-known) raus and/or. only to the village inhabitants in Wacken u. Environment. Thus, a favour, checkt simply times the homepage of the Onkelz does people to us on www.onkelz.de looks at you the time LINE under "History", makes you familiar with the material, if it is really important to you and informs you, before you the alarm bell strike. Now however enough about "Onkelz": To the Wacken open air applies, which one gets to hear on the camping sites again and again: The Festival is the Headliner and volume plays its Best OF/hit program.........

"we celebrate all Heavy Metal!" Us all a beautiful and relaxed late summer, and a coolen winter. Before we provide ourselves, it is 2004 and "15 years Wacken" already again past. And please far to our actions such as W:O:A warm UP parties/W:O:A Roadshow as well as our limited x-Mas-ticket under www pays attention.wacken.com With metallic greetings

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
the translation is a bit fucked....not in the right order for english...but it will have to do.

i think they are saying WHY they chose Onkelz and how the news/media/ppl got out of hand. i am not so sure about that....i still need reassurances:(.

unless YOU can help me analyse it...cos i am so sure....

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Originally posted by dittohead
the translation is a bit fucked....not in the right order for english...but it will have to do.

i think they are saying WHY they chose Onkelz and how the news/media/ppl got out of hand. i am not so sure about that....i still need reassurances:(.

unless YOU can help me analyse it...cos i am so sure....

I kinda understand what they mean. I am also not sure sure too :(

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Well... a few friends of mine are Onkelz-Fans and they are no racists, nazis or whatever.

And they´re all Metal-Fans as well

This is not what i heard from somewhere or read in the media...

It´s just my own experience..

...but i´ve never been to an Onkelz-concert and never seen the whole crowd

Der Helm

2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Originally posted by Metalsulm
Well... a few friends of mine are Onkelz-Fans and they are no racists, nazis or whatever.

And they´re all Metal-Fans as well

This is not what i heard from somewhere or read in the media...

It´s just my own experience..

...but i´ve never been to an Onkelz-concert and never seen the whole crowd

Been there, done that, it's no big deal.

It's just a normal Metal (?) :D gig.

Just expect lots of "Nazis Raus" stuff, which is unusual for "normal" Gig's.

This experience is back from 1997, so it should be even better now. :D

Aegir

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Dez. 2002
UK
I don't really know what to think... as long as there aren't any violent Nazi scum shouting abuse at people then I don't really mind :) I won't be seeing the band though.

Also, I don't want Manowar to play. I hope that was just a rumour!

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
i have not heard their music
i have not heard anything from the media, itself, or otherwise, all
i heard was that they have a right-wing view? maybe? and could bring in neo-nazis....being scared shit of them - i over-reacted and still am unsure :(

so....beware.

Frostgrinder

W:O:A Metalhead
6 Nov. 2002
Nexus von Sominus
Website besuchen
Originally posted by dittohead
i have not heard their music
i have not heard anything from the media, itself, or otherwise, all
i heard was that they have a right-wing view? maybe? and could bring in neo-nazis....being scared shit of them - i over-reacted and still am unsure :(

so....beware.
Just ignore the Onkelz and their fans!!!
If there are problems with nazi crap - be sure that all Metalheads at the W.O.A. will stand against this bastards!!!
But I hope and I think there won´t be any problems with nazis.
Let´s make a peaceful festival with brutal music again ;)

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Originally posted by Frostgrinder
Just ignore the Onkelz and their fans!!!
If there are problems with nazi crap - be sure that all Metalheads at the W.O.A. will stand against this bastards!!!
But I hope and I think there won´t be any problems with nazis.
Let´s make a peaceful festival with brutal music again ;)

amen my slayer brother :D:D:D:D

heck! they even said SLAYER!!! were nazi! cos Jeff wrote Angel of Death :eek: :).

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
No it was just an allusion to the things the WOA Team said about BO in 2002 (they won't play at WOA anymore) - but for 2004 they are confirmed and all threads where they gave this negative answer are 'disappeared' all off a sudden.

So why not changing point of view on Manowar??? :D