One more camping/hotels/visa question

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

maard

25 Jan. 2011
Ukraine
Hello, metalheads )

Sorry for one more question about camping, but i promise it will be quite a different one :D

To get German visa, i have to confirm hotel booking in embassy. With camping, however, i can't confirm anything except my metal head and WOA ticket :)

Has anyone (i guess this is true only for eastern Europe) run into such things? I'm not sure it will create troubles for me, just wanna be sure.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hello, metalheads )

Sorry for one more question about camping, but i promise it will be quite a different one :D

To get German visa, i have to confirm hotel booking in embassy. With camping, however, i can't confirm anything except my metal head and WOA ticket :)

Has anyone (i guess this is true only for eastern Europe) run into such things? I'm not sure it will create troubles for me, just wanna be sure.

If you can afford it, and should you arrive a day earlier, couldn't you just find a (youth) hostel in Hamburg, and have a confirmation then?

And no, there are more countries that need a visa for the EU. I can remember a case last year, where that took some time.

Edit Piaf zegt: And if you live in a SCHENGEN country, you don't even need a visa to get to Germany! (but I don't know where you live)

And I just saw you are from UA.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
In the US they won't let you in if you don't have a valid address for your first night.

There are however special cases if you arrive from a cruise, I read somewhere.

Don't know at all about Germany though, I'd call the german embassy in your country and ask them if they could help out.

maard

25 Jan. 2011
Ukraine
yes, and probably lots of beer
oops, but you can get beer right there. but a visa.. someone, gimme a bottle of fresh visa, please! :D

Morphinechild78

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Nov. 2009
ON THE EDGE OF INSANITY
Hello, metalheads )

you can book a hotel on line for the period of your whole stay in Germany .. get the booking confirmation by email & present it to get the visa and after you get the visa you can cancel the hotel booking ;)
that what i did for my visa for the past 2 years ... you can use booking.com if you want .. for some hotels there you can book & cancel without paying any fee whatsoever ;)