Old Thrash Metal

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Svartsinn

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Just wondering if some of you guys in here
are in possession of some old Thrash Metal
stuff and perhaps wants to get rid of it
(not likely though, but I'm asking anyway)
Cd or LP

We're talking stuff like:

- Deathrow (Riders Of Doom and Life Beyond)
- Nuclear Assault (Survive and Handle With Care)
- Dark Angel (Time Does Not Heal and We have Arrived)
- Flotsam & Jetsam (Doomsday For The Deceiver)
- Xentrix (Shattered Existance and For Who's Advantage?)
- Agent Steel (Skeptics Apocalypse)
- Watchtower (Energetic Disassembly, Control And Resistance)

Most of these are ranging from hard to very difficult to find (at least the original releases) There are alot more, but these are on the no.1 wish list!

I would also like some recommondation from you who have a lot of Thrash or heard thrash that is similar to the bands above. I've got a lot too, but never enough is seems. I've been collecting other kind of Metal for a while now, but I'm back on thrash again.

Ok, let the thread begin

Svartsinn

anthares

26 Mai 2002
Gutters of Vallila
Website besuchen
Yeaah! Possessed by thrash I am!!
I was wondrring if Watchtowers Control And Resistance is worth of buying... Please describe it?
Some true thrashmetal recommedations: Messiah, Minotaur, Necronomicon, Onslaught, Sacrifice, Korzus, Taurus, Lobotomia.. the list is endless... but it sems that the style is not exately same like in you list... Your is more like speed metal.... Well.. anyway good stuff!

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Well, I like technically performed thrash as well as you can see...

Both Watchtower albums are by all means must haves, with no time needed to think about it! What Can I say, high pitched vocals and very technical thrash metal. To my information they are the first really technical Thrash act out there. BUY!

anthares

26 Mai 2002
Gutters of Vallila
Website besuchen
Ok... I think I like more bad played thrash... :) If you are into tecnic stuff I recommend you not to get involved with bands like Necronomicon....
Onslaught might be more technical i their thrid album (I havent heard it)
Sacrifice is more technical in their 3rd and 4th albums, two first are more staright thrash ála Slayer etc...
You mentioned Deathrow, hopefully you have their third album Deception Ignored? Its technical....
Toxik, Sadus... check them out too...

I try to get hold on that Watchtower album...
Cheers!

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Yes I have Deception Ignored and Raging Steel, two very different albums indeed. (In the list I only mention the cd's I don't have of the bands)

Well, I like Agent Steel also - not really technical, but still very good...so there you have it. I guess my taste in music is rather Skitzo.

S.

anthares

26 Mai 2002
Gutters of Vallila
Website besuchen
Masters of metal, agents of steel!!!

Yeah! Agent Steel rules! Somebody once said that it is like Iron Maiden on speed... that is quite fitting! I was lucky to see them couple of years ago in Germany... BTW, you know they had to change their name to Order Of Illuminati?

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Order of illuminati? No didn't know that...now recently or? They Released an album in 2001 under the name Agent Steel did they not? Hmmm, some other band called Agent Steel or was there some other stupid reason?

anthares

26 Mai 2002
Gutters of Vallila
Website besuchen
Yes! The reason is stupid: Former vocalist John Cyriis threated to sue the band for using the name. Hmm.. you should check more info from somewhere... I dont remember the URL right now...
And who the hell could other band name the band as Agent Steel? Its quite unique...

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Absolutely agree!

Anyways...I was reading a very good page on the Internet just now called the BNR-metal pages. A sort of Metal ensyclopedia. They have lots of info on old and new bands, except they haven't updated much after early 2001 releases. Anyways, it's old thrash I'm looking for, they don't make it as good as before!

Ever heard of Sieges Even from Germany? Same style as Watchtower on the early stuff.

Lots of info on:http://welcome.to/bnrmetal

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Originally posted by Svartsinn
Just wondering if some of you guys in here
are in possession of some old Thrash Metal
stuff and perhaps wants to get rid of it
(not likely though, but I'm asking anyway)
Cd or LP

We're talking stuff like:

- Dark Angel (Time Does Not Heal and We have Arrived)

- Watchtower (Energetic Disassembly, Control And Resistance)

Svartsinn

I have a cassette Promo Only of "Time Does not Heal" (not really willing to get rid of it, I can make a copy or you can tempt me with a trade :D)
And I also have Control and Resistance. This is a German edition, but I'm not sure right which label made it (I'm at work and don't have that CD with me right now) I think you should be able to get a hold on this......