New Stratovarius singer confirmed

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Hmmm..... In next festival I may give Stratovarius a try :D

Ok, seriously, I think some good old songs from Stratovarius I still like (Twilight Simphony, i.e.) will sound terrible with a female operistic vocalist, but that's just an opinion from someone who despises power metal bands with female vocalists......

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
Hmmm..... In next festival I may give Stratovarius a try :D

Ok, seriously, I think some good old songs from Stratovarius I still like (Twilight Simphony, i.e.) will sound terrible with a female operistic vocalist, but that's just an opinion from someone who despises power metal bands with female vocalists......
That's exactly my problem.
There are no female power metal singers I like. I hate most of them, actually... In death metal, there are some female vocalists I like...

The article says she could sing anything "from raunchy rock to classical operatic"... I hope so. But I just can't imagine that this will be something I like.

*sees Strato running away from her heart*

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Kate McGee
if I'm honest I have to admit that I thought exactly the same way...

(Seen how drunk Tolkki was during the show of Onkel Tom at WOA 2003? Embarrassing somehow.)
Was he on the stage? Hmmm..... guess I was a bit drunk too :D

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
@pablo
when mo + me went to visit the DS guitarists, flo was talking about how girls shouldnt make metal, etc..mo got a little upset:p...cos flo was saying how arch enemy was crappy :p...and mo's a singer right :)

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
if I'm honest I have to admit that I thought exactly the same way...

(Seen how drunk Tolkki was during the show of Onkel Tom at WOA 2003? Embarrassing somehow.)

Yeah she might sing in punk band or opera metal but not in power metal :D:D:D:D:D

You know lets bring even more posery into metal, I guess Pamela Anderson would be also great for Cannibal Corpse :D:D:D:D:D

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Originally posted by dittohead
@pablo
when mo + me went to visit the DS guitarists, flo was talking about how girls shouldnt make metal, etc..mo got a little upset:p...cos flo was saying how arch enemy was crappy :p...and mo's a singer right :)
For me it's not about girls being "allowed" to make metal.
But if you want me to like a female metal singer, she has to have balls!!! (I know, the expression is stupid.) And most women just don't have that.

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
For me it's not about girls being "allowed" to make metal.
But if you want me to like a female metal singer, she has to have balls!!! (I know, the expression is stupid.) And most women just don't have that.

Yeah that is right, it is nice that cute girls would make more metalheads go to shows, but fuck, metal is not about posery, but about skills.....And let woman cant make male vocals in power metal band....or they would have to rename it:D:D:D:D

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Originally posted by Hammered_gods
Yeah that is right, it is nice that cute girls would make more metalheads go to shows, but fuck, metal is not about posery, but about skills.....And let woman cant make male vocals in power metal band....or they would have to rename it:D:D:D:D
It's not about "male" vocals, either.
I just need a singer with an impressive, full, strong voice. This is very seldom among women.
For example, I'm really a good singer, but I'm not sure if I'd fit into a metal band.